Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Lodging Advice
Quote | Reply
I've signed up to do my first IM in Lake Placid 2005. I'm now thinking about lodging and am wondering what everyone would recommend as far as arrival and departure. It is about a 9 hour drive from my home. I'm planning on it being a vacation as well, so I'll probably stay for a week. The race is on Sunday, and I was thinking about arriving on Wed before the race and leaving the Wed after. Does this sound like a good plan? I want to be in town early enough to do all the appropriate recon and stay after long enough for a little rest and recuperation. Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lodging Advice [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to be close, and are not so worried about money, stay at the Best Western. I stayed at the Holiday Inn, and in addition to the usurious prices, the hill up to it is ludicrous, even if you didn't just finish an Ironman race.

There are many other, less expensive options available, if you don't mind staying a little further from the race venue.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at a B&B about 20 miles outside of town for the 2000 race. Great atmosphere competely away from the race craziness. Wonderful family and breakfasts. Also a good point to begin some hikes.

I bought a local hand-painted mug incripted with the image of the inn and it's still my all time favorite race souvenier.

http://www.trailsendinn.com/

Scott

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed Thursday night at Wilmington Notch Campground, then moved into Hotel Saranac for the next three nights. The H.S. is $97/night and about a 12-15 minute drive from the Oval. It already sounds as if you are not planning to scoot back home right after the race, and that's the right thing to do. I live only two-and-a-half hours from LP, and I was very grateful to just kick around the scene until about 10 and then crash out after a 15-minute drive. And the recon idea is dead-on correct......especially if you are not accustomed to hills!
Quote Reply