Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear Z4 vs. Renn disc
Quote | Reply
Okay, so i know that a disc is more aero than a spoked wheel, but when it comes to the hub.... what is more adventageous... roll a Z4 set or a Z4 front paired with a Renn Disc?

Thanks for any help.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Z4 vs. Renn disc [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hello? any suggestions out there?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ceramic bearings offer no measurable benefit over normal bearings. The cost in watts to overcome the friction of the bearings, any bearings, is so small, that even if you reduced it 99.9999%, the result would be washed out by other factors.

So, the decision is easy, use the disk.

Scott Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Z4 vs. Renn disc [smartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Renn, baby!

(or CH Aero cover - once again, beating Cerveloguy to the punch!!!)

or the ulitmate in geekdom - Z4 with CH Aero cover

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: frogonawire: Jul 27, 04 9:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The better question is, if you can afford a set of Z4's with their ceramic bearings, why on earth would you only buy a Renn Disk? You've got to get something equivalent, don't ya? That's like having a pair of 24" Sprewell Spinners on the front of your Escalade with just some alloy rims and tires on the back (in street car terms), isn't it? Or better yet, I'll buy you a H3 and a Renn disk and you give me the Z4's!
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Z4 vs. Renn disc [Becca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dont own the Z4's but LBS is so gracious as to allow for their use

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's why I suggested the aero cover!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right on Becca,

He should get a Campy Ghibili. About $2,500.00. If it costs that much, it must be fast, right? Just like Z4s.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as I luv my Renn disc, if you do not take this once in a lifetime opportunity to ride wheels that easily double the value of your bike, I will hunt you down and beat you with my composite covered, nomex beating stick.

Z4, the only way to go.
Quote Reply