Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I REALLY need help with this one! SPAM??
Quote | Reply
I just arrived home from a long ride and attached to my doorknob was a plastic bag. Inside the plastic bag was a can of Spam(Hawaii collector's edition) with a note attached to it.

The note reads verbatim:

<Aloha!>

Hi, I'm Hideko - I moved into unit #7(directly below you) @ a month ago. I hope you like Spam - it's shipped straight from Hawaii

Ignoring the fact that I wouldn't touch Spam w/ a 10ft. pole - WTF? Is there some kind of meaning to leaving spam at a person's front door? I did a quick google and didn't see any significance. I have never met this person and don't even know if Hideko is a man's or woman's name(I guess I could figure that out quickly since my aunt is Japanese).

Is this just a sign of kindness, some sick joke, or a sign that I have a rather strange secret admirer?

The only other thing I can of is I was playing my music fairly loud yesterday. Could this be a way of trying to get me to turn my music down? If so, all he or she would have to do is ask.

I am really stumped with this one.
Quote Reply
Re: I REALLY need help with this one! SPAM?? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put your pink panties back in the drawer and put your man pants on. Walk down stairs knock and say high. Is it that hard? Oooohhhh I'm scared of saying hi!

Now go get some for the team!!!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is Hideko is male (as in Hideko Matsui of the Yankees), but could possibly be female? As far as the SPAM, it's huge in Hawaii and in other places around the world actually. It's because it has a long shelf life, is shippable, doesn't taste bad, etc. It's definitely a friendly offering, like dropping off a fresh baked pie, and not anything to be afraid of. However, if you see a flaming brown paper bag on your doorstep, DON'T STEP ON IT! :)
Quote Reply
Re: I REALLY need help with this one! SPAM?? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But Jon, SPAM??

This has to be some weird joke.
Quote Reply
Re: I REALLY need help with this one! SPAM?? [Becca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Hideki Matsui.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here us an idea, call your mama and say you are scared of the meany in #7. If she is from Hawaii the Spam makes perfect since. They can't get enough of that shit!!!

Go now or I will change your name to Token.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooops...my mistake! Just did a quick google on Hideko and it definitely seems to be a female name. So my guess now it that she's sees than fine ripped bod of yours and wants you in a bad, bad way. So do what Tibbs says and go down and knock on the damn door!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll take a shot. The only persons I've known named Hideko were female and had at least one parent who was Japanese. Can you assume from her "Aloha" greeting that she might be from Hawaii? SPAM is fairly popular among Pacific Islanders (at least the older ones) and this might be just her way, though somewhat quirky, of introducing herself to neighbors. I grew up in the Midwest US, but my father is from Guam and we always had a can of SPAM in the cupboard. On the other hand, it might be a quirky joke or a less confrontational way to begin talking to you about the music volume, but you won't find that out unless you meet her. Good luck.

Hey, before you commit to never touching the stuff, make yourself a SPAM, fried egg, and catsup sandwich and wash it down with a cold brew after your next 6 hour bike ride. It will set you free!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a sign that she's looking for some real meat....

...maybe some beef? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's just bragging. "Hey hot Asian chick wants me." Jerk. Scream my name twice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmmmmmmm, Spam.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here us an idea, call your mama and say you are scared of the meany in #7. If she is from Hawaii the Spam makes perfect since. They can't get enough of that shit!!!

Go now or I will change your name to Token.
[/url]

Leave my man Token out of this!

Check out the sweet high-top fade:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He's just bragging. "Hey hot Asian chick wants me." Jerk. Scream my name twice.
Who said she was hot? I'm not even sure she's a she yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just respond in kind. Get one of those blank cards with some flowers on it and explain how wonderful you thought the gift was...and please accept this small token of my thanks. Attach that to a frilly little bag, wrap up a can of potted meat, drop it in, hang that on her door. Could be the start of dietary bliss :-)

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I hope you like Spam"

Bloody Vikings...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo Killa,

To send you something that is readily available at any store......I mean the Hawaii collectors edition of Spam!?!?!?

It's love.

Do the right thing; Go online for some Authentic Island style Spam recipes.....blackened Spam with macadamia and apricot glaze.....and fry that shit up. Take it down to her unit on one of those little breakfast trays (don't forget the pineapple juice)

Breakfast in bed with your new friend.

Score!!

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you check if any of your other neighbours received the spam as a gift? If you have been singled out, then I would concur with the other posters.....he or she has the hots for you, my man....so do the manly think and score one for the board.

Oh, and in the best tradition of Slowtwitch, we expect a full "race report" :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if it ends in 'ko', it's definitely female. 'ki' is male. enjoy the fruits of the east. you won't be disappointed.
Quote Reply