Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anybody use multisports.com (Roch and Paul) IM training programs??
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on IMUSA in July (ie have signed up now just need to get ready) and am considering using the programs advertised on multisports.com. you can buy a 27 week program for 450 bucks which works out to about 16 bucks a week..better than most personal coaching services. has anyone used it before, or known anyone else who has?? how personalized is it, ie is there much flexibility or just cookbook, one-size-fits-all type stuff?? I would rather train myself if it is just a program that you can find in a book somewhere, but was wondering if this maybe splits the difference between personal (read:$$$) coaching and that out of a book. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions much appreciated!!!
Quote Reply
Re: anybody use multisports.com (Roch and Paul) IM training programs?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Gale Bernhardts 13 weeks to a sub 13hr IM and it worked for me - plus it's free. I know many people who have used this program successfully most going under 12 hours. If you're going to do a cookie cutter program anyway... might as well pick the cheaper one.
Quote Reply
Re: anybody use multisports.com (Roch and Paul) IM training programs?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually, for the most interesting bang for buck,
because going on the internet, it does not matter if someone is here or not, you may want to have a look in OZ/NZ as their $ is lower.

Take a look at Matt Koorey. Overall really nice dude, understands that people have a life outside of tri (well, most do), and has prepared many with an average of 12-13hrs a week or less with finishes in 10hrs to 12hrs... He is definitely not using a cookie cutter approach.
www.mkmultisport.com.au
coach@mkmultisport.com.au

in the US, Mike Plumb is among the cheapest and not using a cookie cutter approach either...should be able to contact him as he hangs around here a bit :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since '96 I've worked at several shops-(Nytro, B&L) which sponsored the multisports.com camps several times per year. They certainly have a very loyal following and everyone always seemed to get far more than their money's worth.

The experience and braintrust is certainly there and they craft the coaching programs to all levels of abilities--from absolute beginner to elite. The staff also has a unique casual sense of humor, making it a lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: anybody use multisports.com (Roch and Paul) IM training programs?? [jjbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used MultiSports...still do...could not get a better program IMO.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: anybody use multisports.com (Roch and Paul) IM training programs?? [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used it too. Very good program. And, they have a member's only forum where you can ask as many questions as you'd like. I had scheduling issues with some lead-up races and all my questions were answered timely and my training schedule adjusted to fit the rest of my life.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Multisports.com training plan for my 1/2 IM last year, and I really liked it. With the Q&A forum, I really felt like it did split the difference between a personal coach and a training plan from a book.

Another option that I might suggest is to use Gale Bernhardt's "13 Hour" plan (or the other plan from the book), and sign up for trainingbible.com. You can use the message board there to ask any questions and help to tailor the training plan to best suit your needs. Joe Friel, Gale Bernhardt, and other experienced coaches will answer your questions. A year of tb.com is probably less than the cost of the multisports.com training plan.

Carol
Quote Reply