Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bad Experience with Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles
Quote | Reply
Was doing a sprint tri yesterday and half-way through the swim, my goggles split in half right over the bridge of my nose. You know the rubber between the 2 lenses. These were not even one month old. I wear contact lenses and had to resort to turning onto my back and back-stroking the rest of the way for fear of my contacts popping out. What a disaster for my swim time. What I once thought was a great goggle now I'm not sure anymore. Anyone have any similar problems with theirs? Does anyone know what the warranty is on these?

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Experience with Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, me to. They are very nice goggles but are also very fragile. I use to keep them in my car so I would not forget them when driving to the pool and the rubber melted because of the high temp. Now I keep them in the house.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Experience with Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped using them for similar reasons.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap -I have a pair on order. Any ideas on how to avoid breakage?

Don't where them?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Experience with Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roll of the dice it seems.

I'm on my 6th pair in the last 3 years (2 pairs a year roughly, 1 clear lens, 1 tinted). Haven't had any problems with any of them.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That happened to me about two years ago. The rep was at GFT and I told him about it and he told me to take them back to the store where I purchased them, which I did.

Apparently, they had a bad batch. I've had two pairs since then with no problems.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same problem here too...happened at a race, fortunately right at the end of the swim. Nice view, but dangerous as you learned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same thing two weeks ago and posted here about it. It is a defect they blame on the "old" mold that divided vertically. Now it divides horizontally, but I am told to expect problems anyway. Search this forum from about two weeks ago. You will see similar threads. Also search on the Google tri site. They are very comfortable and dry but don't last long even with the new mold, because the eye seals separate also. This happens even if you baby them with a separate case that holds them in place so they don't flop around. Mine went in about six weeks, swimming three times a week. Keep your receipt and return them --you have a year, I think, but keep and use a separate pair for races.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Experience with Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good advice. I have an old pair I use for training. Had them about 7 months without any problems. But, I just bought a new pair three days ago so I think I'll save them for races only since you guys are still having problems.

Where is the manufacturer in all this? You gotta' know their people read this forum. If they don't, do they deserve our business? :) j/k

The Kaiman is a sweet design by the way. I love mine.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply