Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I got yer context right here, buddy... [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what you wrote about her "PR queen" :-) and the perspective stuff?

...30' running with no pain in the achille...
Quote Reply
Re: I got yer context right here, buddy... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but she's the one who tells me about how they twist everything and with her working on camapaigns and double top secret stuff I get to see it first hand - very interesting. Glad to hear you are running a bit.
Quote Reply
Day Trippin'... [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And what are you doing up this early on a weekend?"

Beautifull CA weather. My crew and I went to the Catfish Swim (2.4) in Cupertino today. Had to leave the house by 5:15.

Remember what I said about winning by attrition? Well, yesterday I dumped my bike (front tire flat) and may have broken my thumb. So I couldn't swim for beans, and instead I just I hung back and swam one-arm with my GF near the back of the pack. Result: We both got AG 3rd place (third out of three).

Bummer is that I could have won, and this is the second year I've been crippled for that race. Last year it was a broken collarbone and I swam with my left arm, this year it's the thumb, and I swam with my right arm. It's amazing how on a normal day people bump your feet and hips and head, but show up with a broken thumb, and every time someone makes contact, that's where it is...

Not sure what that will mean for Half Vineman next weekend.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Hinault to be snubbed? [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree with Hinault that Lance is not the "best ever". Eddy and the others won multiple races in a way different time. Lance is the best "ever" in the TdF but not the best ever in cycling. That would be an insult to all the other grea riders that came before him.
Quote Reply
Not the point I was making... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance didn't say he was the best, but the argument can be made that Merckx rode in a different era, vis à vis training techniques, prize money, tactics, radios, helicopters, the whole shebang has changed. So could Merckx have beaten Armstrong at their best? Answer could be possibly generated by comparing TTs on identical courses, but that's slanted toward Lances specialty, and wouldn't take into account the way bikes, skinsuits, wheels, etc., have evolved.
So who was better? Was the competition as tough when Merckx rode?
How about this, could Joe Louis have beaten Ali? I say not a chance. But again the sport had evolved.
My point is that Hinault is a dick for coming out with this crap about Lance not being the greatest. Lance never claimed he was, so why is Hinault barking at the moon?

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next