Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question for francois
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing pics of your bike - but can't recall the details. I'm 5'9 (almost) and looking at 700C vs. 650C. If I remember correctly - you ride 700C yet manage to get quite low in front. Mind giving me your details - height, size frame, drop from seat to pads and how you accomplish it. My current bike option is 700C, 55 cm frame, syntace 6 degree stem (100mm) and the max drop with that set-up is about 9 cm. Thanks-

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: question for francois [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'7''. so if I can get low with 700c, everyone can :-)

on the QR: size is 51cm. I managed to get a drop of 7in but with an adjustable stem only as the head tubes are longer on tiphoons.

at 5'9'', I think you could easily get enough drop with a 52-53 frame provided the top tube is long enough.
Quote Reply
Re: question for francois [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois,

Can you elaborate a bit? What does top tube length have to do with anything? What kind of stem do you have and how much extra drop does it give you? I'm looking at a 55cm frame (I have relatively long legs) but with a 6 degree Syntace stem - my max drop is about 9 cm with C2 clip-ons. I'm not sure I'd ever go lower than that (I'm not too flexible) yet would hate to spend $$$$ on a new bike and then decide I want to go lower....I could go 650C. Why did you stick with 700C? Thanks for the input.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: question for francois [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, as yu are 5'9'', you can use a smaller bike, 52-53, and with either a bike with a long top tube, or a long stem, it will not feel too small, and you will be able to get low enough at the front.

I would also avoid bars that actually raise the position (like the c2 where the bars don't sit right on the base bar).

maybe now you can't get lower, but you may improve your flexibility and be able to get lower. So you may want to get a frame that allows you to do that. I stick to 700c, because I already have race wheels that size. I can get low enough on both 650 or 700.
Quote Reply