Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jose Gutierrez and Bobby Julich...
Quote | Reply
...are triathletes, if you look at how they time trial.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Jose Gutierrez and Bobby Julich... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, what's the deal with Bobby Julich's chain ring? I only heard fragments of that interview with that French inventor or whoever he is.

Seems to be working for Julich whatever it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hows about a few pictures.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't all of the CSC riders look perfect on their Cervelos? Bobby J's position looks sooooo good! I asked my LBS to lower my stem (to look more like Bobby J) but they said it would take away from my power??

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
..and a terrific ride by Bobby Julich. They do look both fit and WELL fit on those bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...are triathletes, if you look at how they time trial.

Well... somewhat like Lance, Bobby happens to be a Texan (from Corpus Christi) who's father, Bob Sr. got him into triathlons, but he hated the swim (who doesn't;-) and after moving to Colorado and dabbling in downhill skiing he entered a bike race, won his age group, and the rest is history...

So, in a way, he IS a triathlete (once a triathlete always a triathlete, right?).

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Jose Gutierrez and Bobby Julich... [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went in for a bike fit. My drop from the seat to the elbow pads was 17.5cm. He raised the stem about 8cm and I gained 10% in wattage at the same HR. My back only raised about 2cm. The gain in wattage will equal more speed then the lose of aerodynamics.

Bike position is VERY individual. If it wasn't, then all the TDF guys would all look the same.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Jose Gutierrez and Bobby Julich... [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Don't all of the CSC riders look perfect on their Cervelos?"

karpets time trial positions and riding style reminds me of cam widoff. kloden and basso also look very good.

you're right about the CSC riders. basso looks a LOT like julich in bike set up and time trial style.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the same thing and I don't know much about bike fit.I didn't see Gutierrez but Bobby J and Basso looked very smooth and comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Jullich and Basso ride with their knees between their elbows, which are apart. I don't think that's very good form.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply