Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

With all these supplements, when does it become unethical doping?
Quote | Reply
I use a lot of supplements, vitamins to supplement my diet, pills to help my joints, pills to replace electrolytes and trace minerals. Ive always been against doping, accusing those who use them as falsely presenting themselves and thier ability, and making their amazing acheivements less amazing. I dont take EPO or anyting like that, but i feel without all these supplements, i wouldnt perform as well. does that mean they are PEDs, and im a cheater too (in spirit, not law, nothing i take is banned)? Where does it end then? Is a good diet considered a PED? My real question is about things like Optygen. It is marketed as significantly increasing VO2 max. It may be legal, but wouldnt it be against the spirit of competing naturally, and winning a race merely because of your talent and hard work? FYI, i do take optygen, and my HR during workouts is usually about 7-10 beats lower than normal at the same speed.
Quote Reply
Re: With all these supplements, when does it become unethical doping? [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The idea behind nutritional supplements is to make you as fast and strong as humanly possible. The idea is to be at peak health. Thus at peak fitness.

PED's, EPO, ect.... try to "re-wire" the body. Basically as fast as possible period. Most (if not all) banned substances have a negative effect on the body (either immidiate or long term.) It'll all catch up with you eventually.
Quote Reply
Re: With all these supplements, when does it become unethical doping? [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Food is a supplement, so is water. There's a huge difference between taking care of your health and endangering it. For some people food is obviously endangering their health, but, food isn't acting as a Performance Enhancer to those people.

The reason many PED are illegal is because of the dangerous side effects, I think that is the difference between illegal PED and legal PESubstances.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: With all these supplements, when does it become unethical doping? [The Oracle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely. Mark McGwire took andro and admitted to it, but wasn't cheating because the substance wasn't banned then. If someone takes it now, even though it's the same substance, he would be cheating.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take stuff every day that is "legal" that wasn't even available to Olympic athletes four Olympics ago.

Is it unethical? Nope. It's all legal, heck- I sell most of it.

Perpetuem. Optygen. Muscle Nytro. GSM. Cytomax. Endurox. Accelerade. Red Bull. Race Caps. Endurolytes. Centrum Performance. A bunch of other stuff I can't even remember the name of. Some of it works better than others. Some doesn't work at all for me. Some works so well it should be illegal.

Ever try Muscle Nytro? I have no idea how it works- but that should definately be banned. Instant 20 minutes off your next Ironman. Amazing- at least from my experience. And no, I don't sell it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply