Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sold
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Bontrager xxx lite aerobars with basebars (and free used cables & bartape!).

*These bars are absolutely amazing, and I can gaurantee the following:

Simply looking at the bars will make you faster. You can stop training now and still make huge gains!
Before I owned these, I weighted 210lbs. After using them for a year, I've lost 45 pounds. It could have been the training, but I think it was the bars.
These areobars require no stem. They float above your steed and cut an aerodynamic swath through whatever you see in front of you.
These bars have a hidden jet propulsion system that will cause your bike to move forward even while on a trainer--use them with care.
You will PR your next three IM's, and women (or men, if that's your thing) will chase you across T2, yelling your name.
You will find all other aerobars strikingly unattractive after even glancing at these bars. If you weigh yourself each morning (admit it, you know you do--we all do), take the bars with you and you will be lighter.
Macca borrowed these bars for the 2007 Ironman Kona. After seeing them on Macca's bike before the race, Stadler was strangly sick to his stomach, Michellie seemed to have trouble with her balance, and Natasha's bike kept swerving all over the place--and the rest is history.

They are ubah light (630g), sexy, and 31.8 clamp diameter.
Here is the website pict for them [note: mine are black, not ugly white, as pictured]
http://www.bontrager.com/.../Handlebars/5820.php
I used them for a year.
I'll include both the "Team extensions (s-bends)" [Tom Demerly is screaming into a pillow as I write this] and the standard ones.

The standards extensions have some marks from my aerobottle, nothing startling
The right basebar is scratched from a 1mph fall in front of a coffee shop full of beautiful women who were mostly admiring my aerobars. They ran to my bike to help my aerobars off the ground.

Price: Either 300.00 shipped (they retail for $699; team extensions are $100.00 more) or trade straight across for your Zipp Zedtech 999 clincher wheelset. Shipping to USA only (Canadians already have too many advantages over us.)

Picts? If only I could figure out how to post on ST, I would have been banned by Slowman for filling threads with pictures of my aerobars.

*none of the above is gauranteed [sp?]. If you sue me for false advertising, know that I am a high school teacher in a suburban town in Nevada who earns slightly less than a streetsweeper and lives in a house that is only slightly larger than a subcompact car--oh wait, it is a car. However, as a teacher, I have incredible influence on your children...

** Michellie & Natasha, if you are reading this, I'm sorry for trying to be funny at your expense. Stadler...nm.
Last edited by: twowheels: Jan 3, 08 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [twowheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you send pics to Itriall3sports@gmail.com

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [twowheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"*none of the above is gauranteed [sp?]. If you sue me for false advertising, know that I am a high school teacher in a suburban town in Nevada who earns slightly less than a streetsweeper and lives in a house that is only slightly larger than a subcompact car--oh wait, it is a car. However, as a teacher, I have incredible influence on your children... "

I just like the part where you admit to not knowing how to spell "guaranteed," but then go on to talk about how you can influence our children.

Nice bars. Carry on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am going against the new rules i think, but i have to do this.

two things:

1: these are great bars,

2: THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST ADD I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR!!

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [newbz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david you going to email me? MO for mavic wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gotta bump this too, who cares if anyone buys the bars from this bump, it's worth it to have a few more people read your awesome post! I think I need to hire you to do my product descriptions;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for pic...and because i laughed out loud when i read your post

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting a pict of it. I still haven't figured out how to post my own. I have picts, just email me (a bunch of people have so far) and I'll send you picts.

Regards.

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bumped this thread back to the top because it's funny and I worked hard to try to sell an item that obviously no one wants. Price is now 250+ ship--a screaming deal!

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested but have never gotten any actual pictures of the item.

itriall3sports@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any interest in a trade for another type of bars?

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Aerobars of the gods---Bontrager XXX Lite Aerobars [newbz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOLD SOLD SOLD Some happy new person gets these.

Adios.
Quote Reply