Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lost a little time.... but felt good about it
Quote | Reply
This past weekend, I raced. I was ranked 36th on the bike out of 240, not bad for my 2nd year in triathlon, even if I do say so myself....30-34 AG'r, Husband father of 3.

So I was riding along at around 25+ mph on the flats, and I get passed by someone, almost like I'm standing still. A few miles later, I approach a rider who's still moving but very slowly, as I approach he asks "Got Air". It's the guy who passed me, who flatted, but is looking for some help. Only because of this forum, I got a conscience. I slowed down, reached back to my saddlewing and started unscrewing the Co2 head and cartridge. He caught up to me, I handed it to him, he thanked me and I was on my way saying to myself "I can't believe I just gave away my Co2 head, what if I flat? I can't believe I just slowed down to do that". Figuring, if I do flat he will approach me, I can get my Co2 adapter back and I can fix". Well,, I didn't flat, he caught me anyway, handed back my adaptor and off he went to claim 26th overall compared to my 46th....

Do I have to do it next time?????
Quote Reply
Re: Lost a little time.... but felt good about it [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic. Very good kharma. As to the next time, it's up to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Lost a little time.... but felt good about it [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on ya!

I had a similar experience this weekend. Cruising along, not 25 mph, but grooving for me, and noticed someone walking their bike. I slowed, sat-up and checked to see if they needed anything. They were fed-up and bagged the bike, but like you I always feel better when I try to help.
Quote Reply