Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling stuff in Italy
Quote | Reply
As I think I've written before, I'm headed to Italy in October for my honeymoon. We'll be in the south mostly - Rome, Naples, Amalfi Coast, and then on to Florence and Venice. Sadly, we can't make it to Milan, or to the cycling shrine there...though if Basso's home is in the South, I may have to buy him a drink or two ;).

I won't be bringing my bike, but I'm interested in recommended cycling shops in Italy...would love to pick up some Italian stuff cheap, if it exists. Where is Sidi's factory?

As always, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling stuff in Italy [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a couple of cool jerseys and some nice bib shorts from minor/local teams in Tuscany. Just came across them in a small store, not a cycling shop. The bibs were a great deal, 45 Euro. The jerseys were about the same. A friend of mine bought two bikes, a de Rosa and a Basso while living there. I'll ask him for a recommendation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent a couple weeks in northern italy a few years ago and all the bike shops rock. I had castelli pimp gloves years before i saw them in catalogs. I did run into one shop that was sort of a shack, but they still had cool road bikes. Have fun and don't forget the vino!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Tuscanny, a little north of Pienza, about 2 K, is "Cicloposse". They have great road bikes for rent. Pienza is maybe an hour from Sienna, 25 minutes from Buenconvento. A beautiful young italian woman will get you all set up, as will her husband... They were awesome to work with and recommended a bike shop in a town call Sienna de lunga, (I think that was the name), about a half hour north of Pienza. (I just bought some friends some jerseys and hats and stuff) Not much of a shop really, but they had everything you needed. (It just wasnt a USA retail kind of store.) I rented from Cicloposse in June for a solo bike ride from Pienza to Radificione, (a beautiful 80k ride from one mideveil town to another, serious climbing!) Absolutely no problems. go to cicloposse.com or do a google search for them as I may have the name wrong.

Have a great time, stop in Monticello for some Brunello tasting, eat lots, and enjoy! The people were awesome!!
Quote Reply