Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF)
Quote | Reply
The last few days has seen this board focused on swimming, biking, and running. Enough already; I'm at work and I need to be distracted (not one word STP!). At the risk of pissing off the purists, how about a little non-political, off topic conversation. Anyone watch the Amazing Race? This is the only reality show I watch and I love it. That team with the little person blatently manipulates her size issue and the taller cousin has a creepy obsession with Phil. The guy on the team that won last night (I can't remember his name -- he's the "intense" one) looks potentially violent to me. Call me a sap, but I really liked the father/daughter scene at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF) [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We watch it along with Survivor as our junk TV quota.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't caught this season yet- when does it air? I'm in trouble if it's after 9pm! Zzzzzzzzz (unintentional side effect of this lifestyle)

My hubby and I auditioned for the 2006 season and haven't heard anything back from them. Guess we are too "normal" and not controvesial enough. It would be a blast though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with Cerveloguy ... our family are Survivor and Amazing Race junkies. I am getting a little annoyed with the Charla/Mirna team and their whining. I was disappointed last night to see the father/daughter team get sent packing because of their little screw up with the flight reservations. The detour looked kind of fun but I think that I would have like to mountain bike down the trail ......
Quote Reply
Re: OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF) [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It used to be on earlier. I can't stay up that late so I catch the rerun on the weekend.

This year there is just harly anyone to root for. They all seem like jerks except for the internet dating couple.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF) [Tri girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's on Tues. at 10pm EST, but they re-run it Sat. at 8pm.

My husband and I always talk about how fun it would be to do that race, but figure it would be embarassing to fight the way we inevitably would on national TV -- we have an "indian/chief" problem -- 2 chiefs, no indians.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, I've never seen the show. Actually, I am embarrassed to admit, since the Tour de France began, I have not changed the channel on my TV from OLN except to watch a DVD.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm absolutely discussed that someone from our organization would be reading and posting here during the work day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, nothing against the little people but the two of them are competely hate-able. The cart wheel in the parking lot was classic, though. Despite their annoying personalities, they're playing a good game. As with many of the male viewers, I'm all about the blonde twins...

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: OT: The Amazing Race (the TV show; not the TdF) [Wednesday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The twins did look pretty buff when they shucked their clothes for the swim in to the island. Too bad it made them look so stupid when they could have walked through about 6 inches of water. My favorite scene with those two, though, was watching them try to walk about eight dogs last week. What a joke.
Quote Reply