Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank you SlowTwitchers . . .
Quote | Reply
Thanks to this board for a few great tips that have improved my tri experience a bunch this year. Besides all the training tips a few equipment tips have really worked out well:

1. Desoto T1. Great suit for my 6'2" long torso body. Floats me like nothing, glides quick, good flexability. Nice to have the option of just using the bib-john in warmer waters, but I have really tried to stay full suit because of all the suggestions here (jury is still out). I got the Zeta version with the zipper on the back, so removal of the suit is real quick. It took me 13 minutes to do the sprint swim at the local tri last year. Took me 18 minutes to do the full length (not quite 1km) during training yesterday. I'll take that for now!

2. Syntace C2 aerobars. Light weight. I love the multiple positions. I can stretch right out and get right down aero or use them as shortys and use my arms to add extra torque to my pedalling when I need it. There are several positions in between as well.

3. Fizik Arione TRI saddle. WOW! Felt great from first mount and right through about 30km before I had to stand up to stretch the legs. By far the most comfortable saddle I have had on my bike (okay, it a road bike - Trek5200). Could stay in aero effortlessly for the first time. Better than my Selle Italia as a road saddle to boot! Way, way better (for me) that the Azoto Tri saddle I tried last week. More than a keeper. Get one before they sell out!

Also, thanks as well to trisports.com and the Bike Barn in Penticton for their great service!
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you SlowTwitchers . . . [faztcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And yes, the Arione may not be the most pleasing design to the eye, but certainly is a conversation piece! Several people asked about it and were certainly intrigued. I am more than used to the looks now . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you SlowTwitchers . . . [faztcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What training tips have you found particularly useful?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply