Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any bets on how many riders are going home today?
Quote | Reply
Robbie McEwen just finished in 48:05 doing a wheelie across the line.

If the winner finishes in under 36 (is that even possible?), then a whole lot of riders (especially the Sprinters) are going home.

Personally I would really like that to happen. Make things a lot more interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Any bets on how many riders are going home today? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it is possible to finish under 36 minutes. I doubt it because they are adding about a mile before the official climb starts, and the record for that alone is around 37:30. But, even if someone does finish in 36 minutes, the Tour officials will certainly use their discretion to increase the time limit to keep the rider in the green jersey in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Any bets on how many riders are going home today? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just wondering the same thing. My guess is not very many.

Assuming a finishing time of 39 minutes (assuming a record breaking climb for the winner plus some time for the 1.5 km of falt before the climb), the elimination time will be around 52 minutes. Of the first 40 riders only 2 were above that time, so I wouldn't expect many to be much slower.
Quote Reply
Re: Any bets on how many riders are going home today? [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantani did the climb proper in 36:50. Armstrong's best is 38:05 in 2001. Ullrich's best, in 1997, was 37:40.

To finish in 36 minutes would mean doing the climb in 34 minutes. I don't believe that is possible, but it is really hard to say.

I would guess the time cut will be around 50 minutes. The officials will not strictly stick to the 25% time cut today.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the time cut is 33% today...so not too many will be going home. Hushovod just did 47:xx so if he can make it, so should most.
Quote Reply