Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thomas Voeckler: Please give back the yellow jersey
Quote | Reply
Since today will probably be the final day for Thomas Voeckler to be wearing the yellow jersey, how much time do you think he will lose over the next couple of days once he doesn't longer have the incentive of defending the jersey to keep ihim going?

I would love to see him grit it out and hang on until tomorrow’s uphill TT, but I just can’t see it happening. I don’t know how many more times he dig so deep and fight his way back to the leaders after being dropped on a climb until he comes apart like a cheap watch. For me him and his desire to keep the yellow jersey has been one of the best part of the Tour. Watching him struggle day after day in the mountains to limit the gaps to a margin that keeps him in the jersey has been a sight to see.

I would expect the after the blue train drops him off the backonce and for all on the Col des Limouches or the Col de l'Echarasson it will be all she wrote for him and he will come in somewhere around 15-20 minutes behind. I would expect him to drop another 3-5 minutes tomorrow and then cap it off with a 30 minute drop on Thursday for a total of about an hour.

Anyone one else have any thoughts?
Last edited by: burgerdp: Jul 20, 04 5:15
Quote Reply
Re: Thomas Voeckler: Please give back the yellow jersey [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please tell me : do you have any problem with T.Voeckler ?

I'm pretty sure he will lose the yellow jersey today or tomorrow, but you could respect all the efforts he made to keep it, and I hope you'll be wrong about his final time loss ...

I think that even if he's not a real competitor for LA, he shares the same ability to focus on his goal, and that's great for the future ...
Quote Reply
Re: Thomas Voeckler: Please give back the yellow jersey [TheBigFrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I have no problems with Voeckler, I admire the courage he has displayed in defending the jersey for the last 10 days or so. As I wrote in my first post:

For me him and his desire to keep the yellow jersey has been one of the best part of the Tour. Watching him struggle day after day in the mountains to limit the gaps to a margin that keeps him in the jersey has been a sight to see.

His efforts have been what I consider the highlight of this Tour and I totally respect his efforts. I am just wondering once he no longer has the jersey to defend, how much emotion and incentive to continue those efforts will be lost.
Quote Reply
Re: Thomas Voeckler: Please give back the yellow jersey [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a chance. He is still an outside chance at the podium, and can realistically get top 10. He'll stay tough.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, sorry, I misunderstood your words ... and I hope he will stay in the top ten !
Quote Reply