Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ramifications of a positive test/other solid evidence of drug use. [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the 43-44 number? I'm not challenging it, I think (if true) its great info and a really important piece of the puzzle. I ask bcs I looked around a lot on the internet for info on results of doping tests and found zip. Are they publicly released? I assume stuff must get leaked now and then or appear in court proceedings.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Re: The ramifications of a positive test/other solid evidence of drug use. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that Lemond was doped. can't prove it of course, but back then when there was no real organized testing, he probably did use PE "supplements". He is probably jealous because Lance is winning without the doping. Did Lance use those products at anytime in his career? Who knows. I remember way back in 92 and 93 many high and mid-level amateurs were were using EPO. I bet that a lot still do today since the USA Cycling does not test that frequently. I've only seen them at National Calendar races and such.
Quote Reply
Re: The ramifications of a positive test/other solid evidence of drug use. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The athlete health is exactly my point in allowing it although this seems like a strange idea. This was the original reason that the drugs were banned. However, a natural steroid like testosterone won't kill you in small amounts. It has some side effects other than speeding your recovery that are mostly known and if it was not illegal then athletes could be monitored by a doctor and perhaps get "good" quality "supplements". However, since the drug tests simply run a pattern match with what the molecules of the banned substances are composed of the chemists are able to tweak things so they don't show up which may cause the damage that we are concerned about. Many of the severe health problems with steroids are seen from the guys at a gym trying for a 500lb bench that are taking huge dosages. The dosages that many top sprinters take (according to Charlie Francis at Dubin) are very small in comparison.
Quote Reply
Re: The ramifications of a positive test/other solid evidence of drug use. [Rusty TX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rusty, you can't say in the same sentence "I think Lemond was doped" and "LAnce is winning without the doping"...that doesn't make sense...

That said, if Lance ever tests positive, then he will be happy the french are here, because most french are convinced that drug use hasn't changed at all in the peloton, people are just more careful...and if he tests positive, the french publich will still like him a lot...

:-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next