Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After interview manners.
Quote | Reply
I had a groovy interview on Friday. Is it bad form to call and see hoe things are going tomorrow?

If it is ok is there a proper way to bring it up?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: After interview manners. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always, always, always write a letter thanking them for their time and restating your interest in the position and desire to talk further. A few lines is suffice. It's also worth bringing up something that was raised in the interview that will help distinguish you - eg a shared joke (although, in your case, I suspect this may not be required:-p)

Good luck.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure.

But good luck Tibbs.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree 100% with my British colleague. You've no idea how many people don't get hired because they don't follow up on the interview. (Actually, that'd be better put another way: the few people who follow up stand out from the majority that doesn't.)

Follow up with a brief letter, or even a message left with a receptionist. Can't hurt.

Quote | Reply
Yes, definitely follow up with a thank you letter like they said above. If the interview was yesterday then I would send an e-mail immediately if you have not already. Maybe reiterate some of your qualities/skills that were discussed in the interview that are pertinent to the job and how they relate. Then maybe follow up in a few days with a phone call to see how things are going. I would not appear too desperate, but you want to show your interest in the position. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: After interview manners. [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E-mail may seem too slick and "easy". Take flowers and candy. Offer to perform oral sex, unless you are past this point in the interview process. Learn his predisposition towards bondage--top/bottom, etc.

BUT PLEASE, double check your spelling, grammer, punctuation. Also, how do I get to your blog?
Quote Reply
Re: After interview manners. [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sincce she is a smokin' hot asian babe I will gladly take your advice.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send a letter, express genuine interest in the company/position. I wouldn't restate your qualifications. They already have your resume. It's usually very easy to determine if someone is capable of doing the job and has the right qualifications. Most of the time/effort/worry goes into assessing the candidate's personality and whether they'd fit in. Be cool, show them you're likeable, will fit in, and are outgoing.

Letters are professional and always well received. I get them rarely and it always reflects well on a candidate, even if their interview sucked.
Quote Reply
Re: After interview manners. [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Above advice all good. I would probably shy away from using the words "hot asian babe" and "groovy" when referencing the interview in the letter, however.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have hired tons of people and the letter is a must.

In terms o a call - depends on how you present your self.

BIG don't - being very aggressive, demanding to know what is up/are you still in the running, making off hand comments like "well since I have not heard from you I guess I'm not in consideration", and the like.

Best move - if you have not heard anything in a week, make a call to inquire if there is anything else that you can provide the employer regarding your application and simply state how interested you are in the position (possibly reference something you learned that was very interesting about the company) and that you believe you could make a significant, positive contribution at the company and within the bosses team. If the employer wants to talk they will, if not be polite and let them know you are available with any additional information as needed.

good luck

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love your writing but, please have someone proof read and spell check your letter before you send it!

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some "don'ts"

1. Avoid references to Mr. Tibbs Velvet Room

2. Discussing Bishop Polishing is a no-no

3. If asked how you injured your wrist, make up something manly or humanitarian....whacking the weasel isn't a good answer.

4. Leave out discussions of bodily functions.

5. "I need good high speed internet access, because I tend to post quite frequently on a triathlon forum and I don't want it to interfer too much with my job" is also a phrase to avoid.

Just some helpful hints