Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don´t forget about me :-)

Basso will loose time on the last TT but i think that he will gain a few seconds on the uphill TT. He looked real comfortable climbing with Lance. At least its what i hope... it would be nice for the tour.

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn they are invading full force =P

I would also like to see Basso take a few seconds out of Lance during the uphill TT. Maybe even a minute? Is that possible?

The way I see the podium now, it's going to be

1. Armstrong

2. Basso

3. Kloeden or Ullrich

4. Kloeden or Ullrich
Last edited by: freestyle: Jul 19, 04 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its unbelievable that nobody had questioned you about the material on the P3sl so i will do it :-)

Carbon or Lighter ALU?

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$10,000 says lighter Alu.

If I win, that should cover the price of one of those bad boys, right?

Details on the P3 SL please.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, I am potentially in the market for each of these frames. One thing I really love about Cervelo is that you beat the stuffing out of your frames in testing. I can't buy stupid light stuff. I don't have a mechanic to go over every inch of the bike each time I ride and I need to use it for years. I had a stupid light stem crack once. It scared me when I noticed it.

Will these frames still meet your 50,000 cycle fatigue tests like your existing frames?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alu

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [Bru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sounds risky. What about tweaking the position, shaking all the bugs out, getting the feel for a new bike? Seems like it's breaking the first rule of racing - don't try anything new on race day. But what do I know; I'm not the expert. "

Why would you assume the geometry of the light R2.5 and light P3 would be any different than the originals? A reasonable bike tech should be able to make both bikes identical in fit and feel to the originals. The rider shouldn't even notice the difference aside from the weight (if that is even noticeable). Assume both frames have been tested for strength I don't see a risk at all.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Will these frames still meet your 50,000 cycle fatigue tests like your existing frames?[/reply]

I'm pretty sure that Cervelo frames actually survive 200k cycles, not 50k. (That's 2x through a 100,000 cycle test) I did notice however, that Cervelo frames are stress tested at "High Performance" (100,000 cycles at 1200N) as opposed to the top ranking of "Top Performance" (100,000 cycles at 1300N).

My point here isn't to pick on Gerard or Cervelo, as few companies even do the testing at all - but why not go for the top rating?

http://www.efbe.de/erenn.htm

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basso looks like a real contender to me. He may not do it this year, but he looks very strong and he is young. He and Voeckler are certainly two of the best of the young guys. He should be a team leader next year, no?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually 100,000 is our standard. And yes, every frame we sell passes these tests. We won't change the test criteria in order to sneak through a lighter frame. As for more info, we'll be putting more info up on the website in a few weeks. Until then, watch the Tour (as if you needed a reason). Gotta get back to work now.

Gerard.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info Gerard. Get back to work, help Basso, and help give us an exciting tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Basso - any chance in the final TT? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1200N vs. 1300N comes from a mix-up with EFBe. When we started testing they recommended 1200N, and they indicated they would abolish the 1300N test because they felt it was not realistic. They would keep that for mtb. But they have since changed their minds, but since we want to have comparable data we stuck with the 1200N. BTW, in the part of the curve that these data points are, you can quite accurately convert between the two tests. And 200,000 at 1200N is much harder than 100,000 cycles at 1300N.

We'll probably convert to 1300N this year just to avoid the question, it's just a matter of rounding up all the frames and the cash to have them certified again by EFBe. But there is no doubt they will pass the 1300N, both because we do the test internally and because of the conversion factor.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool - thanks for the explanation.

btw - does the "s" in the new 2.5 stand for "SCHWEEEEEEET"? ;)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next