Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some info for AC, Winkle, or whatever you are going by now ...
Quote | Reply
Awhile back we had a substantial back and forth as to whether cycling was cardio limited or local muscle limited.

Anyhow, last week I was at an expo and met someone who had done a study on PC's. His hypothesis was that there is generally a difference between VO2 max in runners in cyclists (runners being higher) and that training with PC's and the making the HF's more aerobic might close that gap.

Unfortunately, the study won't be published as he just missed statistical significance (reached 0.08 I think he said, only had 5 subjects and has now graduated so can't get more subjects) but he reported that after 3 30 minute PC sessions a week for 4 weeks he was able to increase VO2 max, on average, about 4 ml/kg in these subjects.

Anyhow, wondering if such a result would be compatible with your cycling is "cardio limited" theory? If not, I am sure this study will be repeated at some time in the future and reach statistical significance so you might want to be working on alternative explanations.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply