Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial?
Quote | Reply
...The one that says their "Tread thingy" treadmill gadget produces, "Twice as much work effortlessly".

What the heck? Can they make a bike that goes twce as fast effortlessly? How does that work? How do you do twice as much exercise effortlessly? I want one of these things.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that one and it is truely insane!!!

Got me thinking, we Americans are...

1. Complete idiots that we believe such crap
2. Are so f-ing lazy that that only way to convince people to execrise is to make it effortless or sexy
3. The people at nautils are simply wacked
4. maybe this is a wounder machine
5. there is way too much money in this country and this we have to hock total grabage with ridiclus claims to help people find enough worthless thinks to spend it on.

Oh by the way - I'm selling magic turd pellets. Though they look nasty, smell bad, and taste aweful - If you eat them your huge, fat celulite covered ass with efortlessly disappear. Only $19.99 for a months supply + SH.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was that the treadmill/stair stepper cross? I saw that and wondered whether a person could run on that thing and how long it would take to be thrown. I also wondered whether the up and down movement wouldn't add stress to the knees. As to the "effortlessly" claim, I have never viewed doubling the intensity of any workout as creating an "effortless" workout, just maybe a shorter one.

By the way, where were you Sunday? Did you end up in Interlochen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love that add. You do twice the work in half the time!!! That means that you only work out 1/4 as much as those stupid people who run or workout using other equipment!

The other one I like is the BowFlex Ad. I want a tone and sexy core!!!

Anyway, I'm confused. I work out 10-15 hours per week, I have done oly's and 1/2 IM's, and am doing an IM on Sunday. Yet I still have love handles, middling muscle tone, and am decidedly non-Adonis-like. But with the Bowflex, I can be totally ripped with just three 20 minute workouts per week. Dude, that is so worth the money!

Screw this triath-whatever! I'm getting a Bowflex!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost my love handles but still get my ass kicked by guys with love handles.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was driving to the race and thought I spotted my dreaded "ex" headed there. I despise her so much and the likelihood of her doing something really mean is so high I did a 180 and drove home and went back to bed.

As it turns out, she was not there. Which is also good. Thankfully (and predictably) she appears to have dropped out of the sport. Hopefully it is permanent. If I never saw her again it would be way too soon.

My girlfriend did Interlochen though, and had a wonderful time. She said the swim was beuatiful.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't understand your problem Tom. I believe everything they say. I have put my bike and running shoes up for sale on eBay and ordered one of those puppies. I am expecting to knock a good two hours off my IM time for next year. Maybe I will get a ticket to Kona.

You need to be more trusting.

The bike that goes twice as fast effortlessly is being tested by Lance now. They hope to get it out next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes you wonder, what is it about thier lives that make them think this is better than going outside and getting exercise in their local community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]My girlfriend did Interlochen though, and had a wonderful time. She said the swim was beuatiful.[/reply]

I'm amazed no-one else picked up on this. A new one, Tom? D-A-M-N! This guy may not have stellar luck in keeping a relationship over time, but he sure don't need any help finding babes!

Glad to see you back on the horse. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I was driving to the race and thought I spotted my dreaded "ex" headed there. I despise her so much and the likelihood of her doing something really mean is so high I did a 180 and drove home and went back to bed. "

That is why I love you Tom. No matter how deep in the self hatered and pathetic emotions I go I know you will never leave me alone at the bottom of the pit.

You should have raced it and bragged about your new sexy girlfriend.

"Oh sexy girlfriend! No more yanky my wanky! Tonga need food!"

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I Tibbs, love you in return. But of course, in that strictly respectful, platonic, thousands of miles between us way.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What the heck? Can they make a bike that goes twce as fast effortlessly? How does that work? How do you do twice as much exercise effortlessly? I want one of these things. "

Sure, just add a rocket engine!

Their wording is lame but if someone actually came up with a machine that turned your average person into an efficient exerciser... Point being most people hop on a treadmill and do a poor workout ...
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone else see that ridiculous Nautilus commercial? [jw2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At a fitness convention in San Diego last week, I tried out a treadmill that looked more like a tank tread than a standard smooth top treadmill. It didn't propel the track by itself, you have to tie yourself into a harness and lean forward and push the track with your feet. Sort of feels like pushing a car or something...you can adjust the amount of load electronically. I didn't see the point of it unless you are training to push cars for a living. But you could definetly do twice the workout in half the time, at least effort-wise.

I wonder how many people bought those electronic ab trainers that were in all the infomercials two years ago. Ripped abs and no effort!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Can they make a bike that goes twce as fast effortlessly?"

Duh, Cervelo.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Girlfriend? Way to go Tom. I was bummed out when you broke up with your old girlfriend. Happy when you find a new one.

Living vicariously through Tom D.

mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have worked out that my love handles allow me to apply more pressure on the downstroke, thereby increasing my wattage by .036% per pedal stroke, giving me an overall increased speed of +/- 3kph.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, Tom, let me get this straight. You are not afraid of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes and tough enough to get into some sort of special ops, to run across a desert and to finish quite a few IM races and also crazy enough to ride your bike on streets around metro Detroit during morning rush hour. But, you see someone that might be a dreaded ex GF, and you go home? Especially when you have a new GF. Doesn't seem quite right. But, maybe the dreaded ex-GF would be one of those that fits the last verse of a rather funny rugby song, which would make it understandable.
Quote Reply