Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ST meeting at IMLP
Quote | Reply
I was wondering what the final consensus was for meeting each other at Lake Placid?
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think it left off at a meeting at the carbo dinner, and anyone riding with ajfranke on friday. i didn't sign up for the dinner, and friday will be a scheduled rest day for me, so i was wondering of any alternatives for those in the same boat, but no response. maybe some gathering at a bar with oln. i'm pretty sure the final tdf time trial is on saturday. or some local brew after the race (i think lake placid brewery across from mirror lake will be open till 3)
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest meeting at High Peaks Cyclery for a ride down past Whiteface and back up again. The bike shop is at the stop light at 331 Main. Show up for Photos and ride or not at you choose on Friday at say 2:30.

We will also try to assemble at the Carbo dinner. Bring cameras.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont you all leave me in the dark damnit. I will have my cell on me - 815-378-6771 or it can be e-mailed at 8153786771@nextel.com

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm fine with that. whoever that won't be riding can do lunch afterwards at one of the places a short walk away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't be riding with you guys. I need to go descend the hill to keene. Would love to meet though. What is the deal with the carbo dinner? is that friday? or saturday? prepaid? Sorry if those a stupid questions :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Carbo dinner is Friday at around 5:30. Competitors get in free, but any guests have to pay some outrageous amount. I may pass on it this year, but it is fun and something you should go to.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We won't forget you. You owe me a free meal as I recall. I never forget such things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok... I'll go to that.. where are the slowtwitch people meeting there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you just show up and they charge you for your spouse if they want to go in, or do you need to sign up ahead of time? I'm sure mine would be soooo enthusiastic about going to the pasta dinner. (Last year, there was no way she was going to the Tupper Lake carbo-load dinner, although I don't know why.)

Another question, since you've done this before. Am I going to have a hard time getting into a restaraunt on Saturday afternoon/evening? I want to eat early and then lay low, but last year I found that a lot of the restaraunts were packed for regular dinner time.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They will ask you at registration if you want additional tickets. They will tell you there is such a high demand that you better buy now before they are all gone. In reality, there hasn't been a problem getting them at the door.

Ironman week is a really busy week in Lake Placid. If you go early, there shouldn't be a problem. If you wait until normal dinner hour, expect a half hour or more waits at some restaurants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
simple as that? i thought you had to get tix in advance. shame on me for not doing my homework!

5 days and 16+ hours to go. keeping an eye on that moving target know as the extended weather forecast. hope the weather bodes well for us.

how's everyone's taper going?
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The taper is going well, but there is something strange. I don't feel normal. When I get up and move around, I can't feel each and every muscle in my body. And my joints don't creak or pop. I'm not sure what it is, but I hope it goes away. ;p

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of us going to the carbo dinner-How will we recognize each other?

I have yet to be initiated to the slowtwitch hand shake.

Can we designate a corner table for all of us to meet.

For those asking about retaurants- I made a reservation at nicolas on main last week and they were already booked form 6:30-9:00 for saturday night. I sim0ply did a web search for restaurants in LP and then called the hotel where we are staying and asked for their recomendations on good places to eat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some decent restaurants in Saranac Lake as well, about 20 minutes west of LP. If you're looking to get away from the buzz in Lake Placid, it might be worth the trip for you.

So, ST meet-n-greet... post carbo dinner (Friday)... maybe near the exit of the tent? That way we can make a fast escape if we decide everyone else is a freak.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [Barrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i say we designate the table closest to the food : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marisol & all ST'ers,

I plan on riding "the" hill a few times Friday, my wife is going to ride me back to the top each time. My cell is 313-608-1638. Why don't we try to meet at the swims in the mornings? Say around 8:30 on the patio by the beach?

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't type it. (But it's sexy as all get out)
Quote Reply
Re: ST meeting at IMLP [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could probably do that... It will be hard to figure out who is who tough.. really..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be at the usual morning swims...and as usual....I will be the guy in the clown outfit.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply