Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

speedplay cleats fit mt bike shoes?
Quote | Reply
Can I put speedplay cleats on mt bike shoes for touring ? Do you have a better idea or combo ?
Quote Reply
Re: speedplay cleats fit mt bike shoes? [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you want mountain bike shoes because they're easier to walk in. I don't know if the Speedplay road cleats will fit a mt. bike shoe but I think the "Frog" pedals do. Anyway, regular Speedplay Zero cleats which I have, are not particularly walking friendly. But, you could get a set of "cafe covers" and use your road shoes. I believe they make them for Speedplay and Look.
Quote Reply
Re: speedplay cleats fit mt bike shoes? [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The X series won't work well in sand / dirt , fine for anything else ,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedplay road cleats will not work on the vast majority of mtb shoes(maybe not on any of them) b/c the cleat attaches to the shoe via a triangular bolt pattern. Mtb shoes do not accomodate this bolt pattern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you already have pedals? If not you could consider these:

http://www.speedplay.com/...fuseaction=home.frog

Speedplay mtb cleats also do not fit all MTB shoes uless they have made some changes in the past year and a half. You have to make sure the dogbone fitting they give yoy fits your shoe BEFORE you buy them. I finally made them work and then tossed them after a month of so and went back to Time. I found SpeedPlay to be absolute crap on the mtb, especially in mud or dirt. Time's are a bit heavier, but reliable and will get you through some very muddy and tough conditions without issue. Not sure about SP on the road though.
Quote Reply
Re: speedplay cleats fit mt bike shoes? [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for you info. It is my buddy that has the speedplays. Sometimes we stop and check out the area and his cleats making walking a Pain. I use eggbeaters on both my bikes.So I don't have the same problem. I thought he he might get away with some cheep mt bike shoes. Thanks Thom aka Dirt
Quote Reply