Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Price for pool usage
Quote | Reply
How much are you paying to use the pool you work out in? How much do you pay a swim coach?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Price for pool usage [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pay $24/month for gym membership, including the pool. I think it's a pretty good deal. I thought you were my coach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: frogonawire: Jul 17, 04 22:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
           I swim at the Nassau County (NY) Aquatic Center in Uniondale, Long Island. It's the Goodwill Games pool. Cost $350 per year, 25 meter and 50 meter lanes, open for lap swimming from 6am to 10pm, and it's huge so it's never crowded. A number of world records were set there at a meet this winter. It's one of the best pools in the country. And the best bargain anywhere.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pay AUD$1.80 = ~USD$1.32, so pretty cheap. I do all my own swimsets, but I am friendly with the coaches at the pool, and steel some of their sets for the high school kids. These two lady coaches claim to fame is coaching Australias butterfly WR holder Geoff Hugill, and freestyler Linda McKenzie.

I jump in their lanes occasionally when the pool attendant is closing up the pool to the public, as they kick them out, but if Im in the masters squad lane, I can train longer and just go back to my own lane when they are gone. (Insurance reasons - what a bitch).

Im aiming at swimming 58min in Hawaii, as I did 1:01 at IM Australia (non wetsuit), I am swimming 4x a week as apposed to 3x before IM OZ.

pinkboy

In the power never given to me in the name of slowman, king high ruler and Grand Hunky Poo Ba of the blessed land of Slowtwitchia I dub thee "Sir pinkboy the Awsomator" This honor is given to thee for the reason of being not only freakin' awsome but totally sweet. By the use of the color Pink to fly your freak flag and bring smiles to frowny faces. *Mr. Tibbs*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100.00 per year. Webswim, clm, FlaJill, and a couple of others have been my coaches. They did it gratis.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$360/year for a family pass access to the outdoor pools at my mega development. Choice of: 1 heated 25M pool open year round. 1 unheated 25M pool open April to October. 1 unheated 25 yard pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day. (there's another non-competition size pool I've never been to)

Includes water aerobics class, but those women scare me :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in NYC on the upper eastside ,and I pay a whopping $950.00 per year ,and thats just for a swim membership (doesnt include the use of the gym).
I love this city,but everything is so dam expensive here!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come to Vancouver my man. It costs me C$316 ~ US$235 for an unlimited swim/gym year-pass at most community centers. Including a fabulous 150yd outdoor salt water pool that's open May-Sept.

A swim coach is gonna cost me ~US$30/session.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One month at the local university runs $15.00. I would pay more because we have the cutest/fittest coed lifeguards.

Coach is $40 per session
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two options:

(1) City of Ottawa pools, $160 CDN for 6 months; most of these are 25 meters

(2) A real skanky pool at a fitness club in Rooseveltown, N.Y., $25 U.S./month, (50+) rate. This pool is 25 yards, and by skanky I mean that it often features suspended clumps of hair (I'm basically bald and have been for a while, so those clumps aren't mine!). I use it because virtually nobody else does (gee, I wonder why....), and even though there are no lanes set out it is a pressure-less swim (if I disregard the heightened potential for contraction of diseases).

Beyond these, I swim open water as much as possible from early June through mid-October, mostly in a partially-protected bay/beach in the St. Lawrence River, and sometimes in Mooney's Bay in Ottawa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club has a Saturday AM swim for $4.00/swim from mid-September to mid-June. Our local municipality charges $2.00/1 hour and $2.50/1.5 hour for a rather dreary pool.

Nothing for coaching right now. My parents spent a fortune on prep school and college tuition, which included "free" coaching. I think I used to pay about $185 for the summer to swim up to 14 times/week with a very good team and coach, but this was early to mid 1980s; I assume it would cost more now.
Last edited by: CTL: Jul 18, 04 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3$/swim or monthly pass that saves a bit off that. Long course in the summer, short course the rest of the year. Oh yeah, they got 3 vasa trainers too! Although I've never used them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lot's of different things available here:

Carlsbad City Rec pool, $3 per visit, or $4.50 to attend Masters swimming (always a handful of pros at Masters, Jurgen Zack et al). Outdoors year round, temp kept at a great workout level

I also go sometimes to Bally's Fitness ($29 a month) for indoor swimming pool, 5 lanes, I rarely ever see anyone else there.

Club open water swims in the ocean, 4 times a week available, free

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim in the ocean, it's free and I don't have to do flop turns.

It does get a bit cold in the winter...but i save so much money!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$57/month for the YMCA, which includes pool use. When I go to the nice 50-meter pool, it's $4/session.

Swim coach--don't have one, but Hinds57, JohnA and I have access to a real good one. I should have him look at my stroke.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pay $28 a month as an alumnus of U of Michigan to use their 3 rec centers and pools.

Masters swim (part of the city Parks and Recreation Dept.) in Ann Arbor is from $58 to $128 for a three month session depending on whether you are city resident and whether you want to swim two, three or five days a week.

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$33/month for the local YMCA, which includes use of four facilities in the area, three with indoor and one with an outdoor pool.

Never had a regular coach, but I've had one-off lessons for around $50/hr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pool is free - we have one at work, but my family does belong to a club that costs me a fortune each year with indoor/outdoor pools. That is a personnel decision.

Coaching - free - I coached age group and college swimmers for years. So I coach my self. Happy to help anyone via the web.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Based on everyone else's answers, I'm getting screwed. YMCA family membership: $60/month. Masters Swim Team: an additional $240/year. Or I can just join the Master's Swim team for $500/year, but have no access to any other facilities there.

So swimming costs me around $1,000/year.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get paid to swim; I'm a lifeguard and swimming instructor. Last week I played over five hours of water polo on the clock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$300 for 3 years paid up front at 24 hour fitness. I can go to any gym anywhere, most have a crappy but usable 3 lane 25 yd pool. No coach, no masters, etc.

The best part is the nice old lady that thinks that I am a professional athlete despite what I tell her to the contrary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$83 per month. No coach. Unfortunately it's the only game in town. Do I win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$100 for the year's access to the public pools of Denver

No coach yet.

------------------------------------------------------------
"One thing I have found there are just two ways to go
It all comes down to livin' fast or dyin' slow"- Robert Earlk Keen Jr.
Quote Reply