Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to improve the TdF!! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Ahh, I see...now the name calling starts."
- - You're quite confused. "Ass hole" would be name calling. Noticing your lack of intelligence (moron) is simply being observant.

"And THAT is what you call grown-up? Get real."
- - No, that is what I call a put down. Nasty business that, but then you're the one who thinks my life is an empty shell!!

"Are you kidding us? All it takes to get under your skin is a little challenge to your self-righteous attitude?"
- - It will take a great deal more than that. But don't stop trying.

"You hide behind your stuffy self-important view of the world and denigrate those who disagree with you"
- - Hide? I think I came right out and said what I think, which is that people should act responsibly. Somehow that's a problem for you... I can guess why! (And, incidentally, the phrase "self important view of the world" makes no sense in any context.)

Denigrate? Nope, you denigrate yourself, I just noticed you doing it.

"yet you accuse ME of being anal-retentive and petulant? Excuse me then... I'll just crawl back in my little pissant-hill now."
- - Hopefully the pharmacy can get your meds tomorrow early.

"I don't think you "owe" me answers. I just assumed another ADULT could have a reasonable discussion about something about which they disagree."
- - Let's roll the tape, shall we:
TriBriGuy: "Do you ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE? You sure don't seem to get out much."
- - Excuse me, but I've got to clean the fruit juice off my keyboard. The juxtaposition of your original post with "another ADULT" just sent a whole mouthful of it up through my sinuses!!!

"But you've already determined that I'm a MORON, so how could I possibly converse on your lofty level? (Pause while Tribriguy feigns supplication to the all-superior CE...)"
- - Yep, more adult behavior. If you want adult conversation, read over your opening volley and make a note to yourself to look up "diplomacy," next time you're near a dictionary...

"And for the record, EVERY SINGLE presumption you have made about me is DEAD WRONG! Starting with 'bet you voted for Clinton.' I live in VERY polite society. I live with a strict moral code. And NO, I don't think the guy who punched Merckx was just 'overzealous.' "
- - Not exactly believable since you got upset about me saying the morons who nearly knock the riders off should be censured (actually I suggested they should be shot, or at least threatened with automatic weapons, but that's called hyperbole. Do they do that where you come from?)

"Yup, you're right, you really have NO imagination. That much has become readily apparent."
- - Seriously, I hope you feel better soon, or at least get even with whoever pissed in your corn flakes this morning.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: How to improve the TdF!! [JM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think that the best way to improve the TdF is to move it to NEW JERSEY!!!"
- - And use all the toxic waste sites as course hazards. They could do the final stage on the turnpike and see who ends up in the wrong lanes and has to go into NYC...

"Whaddaya think about that, huh? Allow CONCEALED WEAPONS!!! The fat assed dude with the viking helmet won't know what hit him."
- - I'm definitely for that.

"Require riders to stop at predetermined BEER STOPS!!!..."
- - That would require relaxing the rules about where and when the guys can releive themselves. Might also make for a "looser" peloton. Who wants to draft a guy poppin' beer farts first thing in the morning?

"Then we will see who the real 'Giant of the Road' is."
- - But would they televize that part?

Quote Reply
Re: How to improve the TdF!! [JM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Germans would have an unfair advantage.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: How to improve the TdF!! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I thought you were going to say 'Have it in the USA' "

Well that's certainly an idea worth discussing. Never mind USA, bring that sucker to NoCal. Hors categorie climbs up E Zayante and Ice Cream Grade? We've definitely got some good roads to use.

Quote Reply
Re: How to improve the TdF!! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely, but imagine the traffic ;-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Last edited by: Hid: Jul 18, 04 19:54
Quote Reply
Career opportunity! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that we've decided that the world needs a Giro de Santa Cruz Mountains, all you have to do is organize it.

The SFGP was a bad idea, because you can't tie up a city of that size without creating problems, and the race is a crit. OTOH, a TOUR, with stages up Mt Ham, Tam, Diablo and Shasta could be very cool. Perhaps it could begin in Pacifica, and wend it's way to Death Valley... Hows that for temperature extremes?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"I don't think you "owe" me answers. I just assumed another ADULT could have a reasonable discussion about something about which they disagree."
- - Let's roll the tape, shall we:
TriBriGuy: "Do you ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE? You sure don't seem to get out much."
- - Excuse me, but I've got to clean the fruit juice off my keyboard. The juxtaposition of your original post with "another ADULT" just sent a whole mouthful of it up through my sinuses!!!

So then you really don't get out much? Apparently you also have an issue identifying hyperbole and sarcasm. You talk about taking machine guns to fans (hyperbole). I liken your life to a cramped little box (hyperbole) because you apparently you've missed the past 100 years of TdF history that includes such fan interaction as we have seen in the two mountain stages. I challenged you on your knowledge of TdF history and customs and you came at me with personal attacks. Is it that hard for you to even consider that you may be wrong about something? I don't remember any of those fans punching the riders this year. I don't remember any of them seriously impeding the riders either. In fact, I don't remember Lance blaming his wreck last year on the fan with the musette bag and subsequently calling for sterilization of the fans with fences (or your beloved machineguns. BTW, would you even know how to set the head space and timing on a machine gun? I do And I'd be the first in line to make sure its done on the death squad MG we'd use to take out the first asshole that punches Lance.)

Quote:
Hide? I think I came right out and said what I think, which is that people should act responsibly. Somehow that's a problem for you... I can guess why!

You ARE hiding. How does my disagreeing with your call to "censure" these fans equates to me failing to believe people should act responsibly? You are challenged on your knowlege (please note the DISTINCT difference between knowlege and intelligence) and instead of actually answering a question, you resort to personal attacks intended to establish your superiority over others. Frankly, I've seen it time and time again across the many threads you've deigned worthy of your presumptuously superior intellectual discourse. Whenever you are challenged you resort personal attacks on the other forum members. That, my humor challenged forum mate, makes you an incredible bore, not to mention a supreme Jackass.

Quote:
And, incidentally, the phrase "self important view of the world" makes no sense in any context.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So then you really don't get out much? Apparently you also have an issue identifying hyperbole and sarcasm. You talk about taking machine guns to fans (hyperbole). I liken your life to a cramped little box (hyperbole) because you apparently you've missed the past 100 years of TdF history that includes such fan interaction as we have seen in the two mountain stages."
- - Didn't even need to go there. Poor behavior doesn't become good behavior just because it's common behavior. I identified it as "wrong" not unprecedented.

"I challenged you on your knowledge of TdF history and customs and you came at me with personal attacks."
- - No, you did nothing of the sort. Reread your post, genius. Show me where you cited TdF history. What part of "Do you ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE? You sure don't seem to get out much." was the history lesson?

"Is it that hard for you to even consider that you may be wrong about something?"
- - I've been wrong often. For example, when I first encountered you, I thought your were cool...

"I don't remember any of those fans punching the riders this year. I don't remember any of them seriously impeding the riders either."
- - You haven't seen much footage then.

"In fact, I don't remember Lance blaming his wreck last year on the fan with the musette bag"
- - Lance is a class act who doesn't make excuses, and after the race he had the presence of mind to NOT say something that would hurt a young girl. But CLEARLY, his fall was the fault of a fan being too close. If you can argue with that, you're... Oh wait, we've already established that, haven't we!!

"BTW, would you even know how to set the head space and timing on a machine gun?
- - Uh, help me understand how knowing the details of how to implement an illegal solution would be important. You're starting to frighten me...

"I do And I'd be the first in line to make sure its done on the death squad MG we'd use to take out the first asshole that punches Lance.)"
- - So now you agree with me? Is your world becoming small and confining?

"You ARE hiding. How does my disagreeing with your call to "censure" these fans equates to me failing to believe people should act responsibly?"
- - I'll read that over a few times and see how that proves that I'm hiding, or even that it matters if I'm hiding or not.

"You are challenged on your knowlege (please note the DISTINCT difference between knowlege and intelligence) and instead of actually answering a question, you resort to personal attacks intended to establish your superiority over others."
- - Dude, get that prescription filled quickly. You didn't challenge JACK, you asked if I "ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE"

"Frankly, I've seen it time and time again across the many threads you've deigned worthy of your presumptuously superior intellectual discourse."
- - Maybe you should bring one of those threads in to make the point that you're unable to make with this one?

"Whenever you are challenged you resort personal attacks on the other forum members. That, my humor challenged forum mate, makes you an incredible bore, not to mention a supreme Jackass."
- - Now you're just getting pissy. But then what do I know, living in my little box...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"Do you ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE? You sure don't seem to get out much."

Well, genius, lets spell this out in black and white for you. My implication was that you don't truly understand the Tour and its history. You come along and see something that even I will admit can be uncomfortable, and you just assume its wrong. Why? Because CE has decided it is wrong? Who made you arbiter of right and wrong? Are we all supposed to agree with you now or be deemed morons right along with these fans?

Fans getting close to the riders bothers you. So what. It makes many others uncomfortable as well, including me. So now you assume that JML, ASO and UCI, not to mention a continent of cycling fans and riders who've likely forgotten more about the sport than you've ever known, should all think the same as you and "censure" these fans? Such arrogance is unbecoming.

Its a mighty sterile and dull world you would have us live in CE, if your comments are any indication. Bike races would be reduced to time trial format only, because, in your opinion, tactics are not part of the game...only athletic ability. You would have us fence in fans you deem childish and unruly. Seems to me you'd like the entire world to fit into nice neat little boxes, that you, CE can make sense of if not control. You've even moved me from your "cool" box to your "moron" box simply because I show the temerity to question and even attack your opinion on a few hundred thousand sports fans. You're mighty quick to judge people CE. Quick, lets put all the fans in their little boxes because CE doesn't like their behavior.

Why not just note that these fans have made you feel uncomfortable with their antics? I'm fairly certain we all agree with that, CE. We all hope their actions don't interfere and become decisive in the outcome of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get help!

Reread your first post, then consult a psychiatrist. Quit inventing eloquent arguments that you failed to make and then acting like I didn't answer them.

"My implication was that you don't truly understand the Tour and its history."
- - Where in "Do you ever get cramped in that little box you call life CE? You sure don't seem to get out much." will I find that?

"Its a mighty sterile and dull world you would have us live in CE..."
- - And a full and rich fantasy world that you live in.

"Are we all supposed to agree with you now or be deemed morons right along with these fans?"
- - It's kind of a no-brainer, now that you've admitted that the fans are morons. Support them and be a moron, or agree with my point - which you did - so now you're a whacko AND a moron!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next