Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enduralyte users - How do you store them?
Quote | Reply
I have a small bento box and have heard of packing Enduralyte caps in a Tic Tac box... Doesn't seem like you can hold too many in that though. What does everyone else use?
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [JohnnyR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M&M tube...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had them in a plastic ziploc shoved in my Bento box. worked great, and just shoved them in by jersey pocket for the run...though I managed to drop them after my first dose on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second this. I use an M&M tube, too. It fits a ton of capsules, and fits nicely into the back pocket of your biking jersey or triathlon singlet.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 35mm film container secured to the trailing edge of my stem with electrician's tape. I fill the bottom half or so with cotton swabs, and the top half is a convenient storage area for my pills.

(Edit: a tip - use a round container (as opposed to the oval type) for ease of replacing the top while riding...)

Last edited by: GJB: Jul 16, 04 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mint skittles container. Easy to open and close no handed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try your local pharmacy, locally we have a pill container which is made of a rubber like material. it has a ziplock type closure which makes it easy to use while riding. it will hold like 6 caps, keep one at turn around and in your transition bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have mini ziplock bags (smaller than their snack size). I put 2 or 4 in each and take a few bags. That way I don't have to mess with getting the right number out, or risk spilling the rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the rubbery oval (flat) old fashioned coin purse thingees with the slit in them that e-caps sells on their site. They fit perfectly in a jersey pocket or tri-short (DeSoto) pocket. Very easy to use with one hand while moving right along whether running or riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That little coin purse thingy for the run and a spare patch kit box (the blue one with flip open lid) on the bike. I have HED bars so I just glued the box to teh tops of the bars. I've seen it mounted on a top tube before as well. You just cruise along, reach over, flip open the box and grab a tablet or two.
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Eric. I got 2"X2" zip bags at a hobby shop and load up each with one dose. four or five bags in my pocket or bento box. I put the anti-fatque caps in with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [jack m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack,
How does the anti-fatigue caps work for you? Have you seen a noticable difference? What distances do you use them and when?

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zip-loc baggie with duct tape along the outer edge of the top on each side. It makes it easy to open and seal the bag.

For an IM I put spares in both SN bags and T2 bag, just in case I drop one somewhere.

I've tried the tic-tac, skittle container, and m&m containers. While easy to open, the sound of them shaking around in there drives me nuts on the run.

scott
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mostly take them on my long bricks 100 bike 8 run. I don't have a lot to compare it to , because I've never done bricks like this before. (first IM). I've had some really good brick runs and not so good ones. But that seems to be tied to the humidity. I'm a little skeptical but I've trained with them so I will keep using them until after my race. I take 3or4 enduralytes and 2 anti-fatigue caps an hour on the bike.

Sorry I'm not more help.
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [Scott in PDX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I've tried the tic-tac, skittle container, and m&m containers. While easy to open, the sound of them shaking around in there drives me nuts on the run. "

No kidding. The skittle containers are like a bell on a cat - let's the competition know I'm there (OK, I don't really compete, but...) I use the skittle container on the bike, ziploc on the run where it's easier to use two hands... at CDA i kept them in my water bottle holder that had a convenient pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quite and convenient method for storing enduralytes: 2 caps and ~ 2 inch piece of duct tape. Fold over one corner of the tape, place 2 caps about 1/2 on sticky surface, 1/2 half on folded corner, stick tape and caps to frame or airstream (somewhere reasonably dry), peel off tape, bite off caps.
Quote Reply
Re: Enduralyte users - How do you store them? [Biotechblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always carry them in my left hand. They get nice and soft and mushy and that's how I know when to eat them.

Actually I used to put them in saran wrap but that was annoying...I found some little ziploc bags that work great and fit about 5 or 6.

Mad
Quote Reply