Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's harder. . .
Quote | Reply
Qualifying for Kona, or for the National Age Group championship?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: What's harder. . . [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kona

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kona
Quote Reply
Re: What's harder. . . [Harkin Banks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hot dog, the movie

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll have sunnyside up...

Sunnyside down...

and Sunnyside alllll de way around.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding?

No, I was serious. (Come on, it's at least as reasonable as asking whether qualifying for Kona is as hard as making the Olympics.)

Next question- Kona or age group worlds?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you kidding?

No, I was serious. (Come on, it's at least as reasonable as asking whether qualifying for Kona is as hard as making the Olympics.)

Next question- Kona or age group worlds?

Olympics are harder than Kona, of course I've never done either.

I'd say Kona is harder than age group worlds, at least if you're a woman. They give out the same number of slots for men and women at age group qualifiers, but there are usually many more men competing. The Kona slots are given out in proportion to the number of athletes in each age group, with all age groups getting at least one spot.

Here is one for you: which is harder, riding without hands on the bike, or driving and talking on a cell phone at the same time.

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
placing top three or five is harder in your age group than qualifing for kona. Age group worlds, if your not in tip top shape AND fast, is a brutal place to go race. In kona speed doesn't always equal success.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: What's harder. . . [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is one for you: which is harder, riding without hands on the bike, or driving and talking on a cell phone at the same time.

How about roller blading and talking on a cell phone at the same time? There should be a law. . .

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Next question- Kona or age group worlds?[/reply]

Good question. It really depends on what age-group you're in.

Kona slots are distributed based on the age-group distribution of the starters in the race. For Worlds, each age-group gets the same number of slots which is 16.

In my age-group, I think there are roughly 50 Kona slots for all of the qualifiers in the US and Canada. Of course, some foreigners can take some of those but I could also go to a foreign Ironman and then the number of total slots for my age-group is more than 50. So for my age-group, Worlds is probably tougher to qualify for.

If you're in an age-group that has only 10 Kona slots, Worlds might be easier to qualify for.
Last edited by: gonzobob: Jul 9, 04 18:02
Quote Reply