Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Give 'em hell Hairy - OT humor from the WSJ
Quote | Reply
BY JAMES TARANTO
Thursday, July 8, 2004 4:39 p.m. EDT

Give 'Em Hell, Hairy!
On Sept. 11, 2001, America suffered the deadliest attack ever by a foreign enemy on its own soil. Fanatical Muslim terrorists hijacked four commercial airplanes, crashing two of them into the World Trade center and a third into the Pentagon. The trade center was destroyed, the Pentagon badly damaged. A fourth plane, which might have been bound for the Capitol, crashed in a field in rural Pennsylvania after passengers overpowered the hijackers. Some 3,000 people perished that day, and America has been at war ever since.

Nearly three years later, a presidential campaign is under way. One of the wonders of American democracy is that elections have always gone on as usual during wartime--even in 1864 during the Civil War and 1944 during World War II. The president has to defend his record to the voters even as he is fighting the country's enemies--and so it should be.

So, what is John Kerry's argument for turning President Bush and Vice President Cheney out of office and replacing them with Kerry and John Edwards? Here is what he had to say yesterday: "We've got better vision, better ideas, real plans. We've got a better sense of what's happening to America--and we've got better hair."

And here we thought Kerry was a Democrat, not a Whig. As reader Bill Bruer asks (in response to Peggy Noonan's column), "Has Bush-Cheney vs. Kerry-Edwards been reduced to a race between the tortoise and the 'hair'? We know who won that contest."

On the other hand, at least it's nice to know at last what Kerry and Edwards plan to 'do about terrorism.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Give 'em hell Hairy - OT humor from the WSJ [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure wish Kerry knew what his ideas are...and if so, maybe would tell us. All we seem to know so far is that he thinks he is taller, has better ideas (but wont share them with us), agrees with Bush about 99% of Iraq policy and now...low and behold has better hair.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Give 'em hell Hairy - OT humor from the WSJ [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't hear any ideas only critisism. Kerry has missed 2/3 of Senate votes sense he started running for president. Yeah he cares. Get informed people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I sure wish Kerry knew what his ideas are...and if so, maybe would tell us. All we seem to know so far is that he thinks he is taller, has better ideas (but wont share them with us), agrees with Bush about 99% of Iraq policy and now...low and behold has better hair."

We also know that there are foreign leaders (whom Kerry won't name) who would like to see him elected.

Since Kerry won't name them, maybe I should name just a few:
- - Kim Jong Il
- - Moamar Qadafi
- - Syria's Feisal
- - Whoever the dickhead is who runs France
- - Whoever the dickhead is who runs Spain
- - Kofi
- - And don't forget Saddam...

Bush only scares me a little. Kerry terrifies me.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a political standpoint, I think what Kerry is doing is brilliant. Say nothing about himself. Commit to nothing. Bash the incumbent. And let the anti-war popularity and Bush's inability to sound coherent ruin him.

If I knew where he stood, I might consider voting for him, but I've never seen anything from him other than ant-Bush rhetoric.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply