Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Armstrong will not compete in Olympics
Quote | Reply
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5396246

Quote | Reply
You have to certainly respect his decision to be with his kids after the Tour rather . With Armstong and Mille out, I wonder if Ekimov can revv it up for another Olympic medal. That would be ultra cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a man who finds himself in a similar sitiuation to Armstrong( Personally not athletically.), I respect his decesion to do this.

Time with family and kids in particular, is precious.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [GJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know who replaces him? It would be nice to see if Fred Rodriguez gets a shot since he's probably the best American sprinter right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad for us, but good for him. Still some strong Americans...

Rodriguez is highest ranked in the UCI rankings, which is the first of the substitution criteria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time with the kids more important than the Olympics, that's great. Where were those priorities when you decided to get Divorced?
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [Gopre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give the guy a break, ok? I don't think anyone (or at least 99.999% of people here) know the circumstances of their divorce, so lets save the judgment.

What about someone like Floyd Landis or Hincapie. Why wouldn't they go for some glory themselves. I wonder if Cippo is going to be in the olympics. Do you think that Cancelarra will be in it because he won the time trial during the prologue maybe he go do some damage in the olympics. Does nayone know what the two courses look like. There's only the road race and the time trail right?

David J.

david
asc-arizona state cycling
tribemultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [deetsay00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hincapie is on the team already and Floyd is lower in the points than Rodriguez. Though I would certainly like to see Floyd on the Olympic team. There certianly is quite a pool of riders to pull from including Floyd, Freddy, Levi, and Horner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" The Texan said he spent two months away from his children in the spring and another three months apart before the Tour de France, cycling’s three-week showcase."

Let's see, 2 months in the spring plus another 3 months makes it 5 months. This is July 8th; 5 months ago was February 8th. They call that spring??? And I did not even include the time elapsed between the 2 months and 3 months stays...

It just doesn't make sense! What am I missing?
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting and logic: I think Armstrong knows, that he will get weaker and weaker as the Tour moves on, and be unable to compete at the highest level at the end of the TdF nor at the Olympics :-)

So it will become true - Ullrich will win the Tour. And Hinault will be right. And Lance not the greatest cyclist ever :-).

Look up for a great summer

Regards

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What am I missing?"

The 2 month stint would be Feb 8 to Apr 8, which is fair to call spring. But I don't know what time elapsed between the two.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Too bad for us, but good for him. Still some strong Americans... >>

I think Rodriguez would be a better asset on the team then Lance. There are some decent TT on the team with TH and BJ. FRod was the only guy to beat Petachi in a head to head sprint at the Giro, and he can climb. Plus in the past at Worlds, Hincapie has been willing to work for Freddie.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [SDNewGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, I'd love to see Floyd on the Olympic team. He's having a great year so far and it's be great to send him to Athens. It does seem logical though that Rodriguez would go though (which also would be just fine with me, I'm just a big Floyd fan)
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong will not compete in Olympics [pedaller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:But I don't know what time elapsed between the two. :

Tour de Georgia - he saw the kids
Quote Reply