Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts
Quote | Reply
Finally, the movies are on the website. check out the Tech Library on www.cervelo.com. Please note that the rear wheel in the video is fully inflated, it becomes even easier if there is no air in the tire, which is usually the reason you remove the wheel anyway.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Last edited by: gerard: Jul 8, 04 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very cool - thanks gerard!

mp
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it somewhat clear? It's hard to do without having the action hidden behind my hands, so that's why it looks a little clumsy.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Thanks for this. I will have to give this a try the next time I need to take the wheel off of Paolina's P3. Currently, I am needing half a jar of grease remover to clean my hands after doing the job.

By the way - from the top-of-the-head view, you look just like Bjarne Riis!!

Best regards,

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given that I have a bike with horizontal dropourts (a Guru Crono - sorry Gerard, but an r2.5 may be next if I can get the $$ together) it was pretty clear to me what you were doing, although I did have to watch the slow speed video to really figure it out. I will definitely be trying that at home tonight.

Thanks again,

mp
Last edited by: tritoronto: Jul 8, 04 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very clear. Nice customer service. It would be funnier if you were wearing white butler gloves. then show your hands are still clean at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next time I have too much time on my hands, I'll do that. So look for that in 2009.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else having issues with the slow versions? I download them (they are 5,359,570 bytes and 5,250,852) but they wont play.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very smooth. Haven't seen anything that smooth since watching David Cooperfield -- hey, was that a magic trick?

Seriously, good written instructions and video shows that it can be done -- I think it will take practice to get it right.

HH - happy P2 owner.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darn....thought I was going to learn something. I've been doing it that way for years on my Zipp 2001 with horizonal dropouts!! if you do it enough you can do it without getting dirty!

I went with horizonal dropouts years ago on the Zipp becuase I kept pulling the rear wheel clean out of the regular dropouts. Almost crashed a few times when the rear wheel pulled out! Yes.....the skewers were tight! I switched to the horizonal ones so I wouoldn't have that problem again!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a 700c bike you are working on? Is a 650c any tougher?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi gerard...

Having technical dfficulty with opening the avi file on a mac... Would it be possible to post the file in a more universal file format like .mpeg?

Tried opening it with quicktime, windows media video, and real
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My software doesn't do the conversion to MPEG. If somebody else can do it and send me the files, I'd gladly post them in MPEG too.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice shoes! must be the french-canadian in you. definitely not the triathlete;-) now that i've shamelessly sucked up to you, any idea when i'll get my carbon seatpost for my p3?

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, the only reason I bought those shoes is that the metal clip on top says "made in the mountains of Italy". for some reason I thought that was cool. Turns out they are very comfy, so I'll walk around the office in dress shoes and shoddy pants.

Anyway, with regards to the carbon seatposts we sent out the last 50 or so back-ordered carbon posts (those that were supposed to have come with 2003 P3s and Soloist Teams) to the dealers a month or so ago. Starting later this month, we will being selling them for aftermarket sales for any P2K, P3, Dual and Soloist.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Well, you are definately a ladies man with fine footwear like that. I have heard that very often the first thing that a woman looks at when she meets a man, are his shoes! Apparently, it says quite a bit about us.

You know what they say about a man with big shoes . . . . he's got big feet!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove and remount the rear wheel on a frame with horizontal dropouts [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How far did you have to chase the Pilgrim before he gave up his shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a flat in my rear on the P2K yesturday, and let me tell you, Gerard makes it look pretty darn easy in that video, so i tried it, and i felt like a giant gorilla trying to to put the screw into a pair of eyeglasses, and i finnally gave up and grabbed the chain with my hand. I guess i gotta practice some more...

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the videos. They are excellent. Now I see what the secret is: you do still have to use your hands on the drivetrain, not on the chain directly, but on the rear derailleur--got it.

One very small critique--on the 'installation' video, your hand is not in an ideal postion for the viewer to see what exactly is happening.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard, the easiest thing to do would be to tell people with Macs to download the freeware program VLC. It's a very useful program for viewing all sorts of video formats on the Mac, as well as on other operating systems. It ought to work just fine with your avi's.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
Quote Reply