Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tufo Tubular Clincher troubles
Quote | Reply
Well, the tires finally came!!! I got two tires with the sealant and a valve extension tool and guess what...no instructions. Are there any good instructions on the net somewhere for how to install these things?!! I am sure I can figure it out, however, I would like to know if I do it correctly or not. Pictures would help too....I am pretty mechanically inept. :)
I really appreciate it.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Tubular Clincher troubles [slytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am assuming (there's that word) that you are installing valve extenders? If you got the good ones they shoud have a male thread down with an o-ring and a female end up. Take a small crescent wrench and screw the valve out of the tire, if you look real close on the thread there are 2 flat spots for placing the wrench on. When you have removed the valve screw the end of the valve extender with the male end and the o-ring in to the valve stem on the tire. Then screw the valve in to the female end of the valve extender same as it was in the vlave stem when you got the tire. Hope this helps and like I said all of this assumes you have the same valve extenders I do. I have seen the other ones that screw on to the top of the valve which means you can never access the valve and need an adapter to put air in, I would stay clear of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Tubular Clincher troubles [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cripes, what a dumb ass I am....should have been my first thought to go to the actual web site... we have jackass of the week, perhaps I should be dumbass of the week. With my luck, it would turn into dumbass of the month! :)
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do not have the correct size wrench the valve extenders if they are tufo as well will come with the tool to remove the valve core(cheap small black plastic thing). One size is for the valve core the other is for the extender. If you have neither I would suggest going to the hardware store to find the correct wrench sizes (the valve core and the extender may be two different sizes), just do not use a pair of pliers unless you absolutely have to, you can crush the valve super easy. I would also personally not suggest putting the sealant in until you flat, others will definitely disagree, to each their own. My reasoning is that the sealant is air activated and it is exposed to air in the tire and will partially gum up, which will make it into your valve core sooner or later, and you really do not want it there. Do not get mad if you already know this, but loosen to the left or counter-clockwise. I have raced and trained both tubulars and clinchers and I still like these best.

This link is about as good as I can find for at least the layout of valve and extender.

http://www.tufo.com/...;mn=7&co=prislus

and mounting

http://www.tufo.com/...;co=instrukce#Instr4
Last edited by: Race4LV: Jul 7, 04 14:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, one more thing. Install the sealant BEFORE installing the tires. To do it properly, remove the valve core (which you need to do to install the valve extensions, squirt in less than half of a small sealant container, wipe it down (there may be a mess), then install the extender and re-install the valve core.
Quote Reply