Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

dehydration is worse than being hungover
Quote | Reply
So, i decide that for my late season race (1/2 GFT), im gonna pump up the jams and gain some real speed. So like always, i start doing a lot of high intensity work, a ton. Last thursday i do a 1.5 hr ride at nearly max pace, not a sprint, but i nearly collapsed off the bike when i was done. Then i decided to make it a brick, and went for a fast six mile run, throwing up at least once (depending on your definition of throwing up). Come home and pretty much collapse and fall asleep. The next day, my legs hurt, but i say, whatever, and go for a 3.5 hr. Not that long, but since my last big race a month ago, i havent done much distance cycling (sort of a mid season off-season). Also, since im on a speed kick, i go way too fast and blow up. To add on top of all of this, i down only about 2.5 bottles of gatorade. I forgot to mention i live in florida, and it was right around noon. That is the set-up for the hell in which i was in for the next 24 hrs, constantly drinking and not being able to alleviate my huge headache, along with constantly feeling sick. Today i tried for a ride, and it was like my legs refused to go, i had the energy, but it was like i had switched legs with an 85 year old spanish nun. i was only able to put out 45 minutes before i finally went home. So, i guess the moral of the story is dont be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: dehydration is worse than being hungover [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and don't forget to drink more fluid than you lost b/c your going to pee out some of what your trying to replenish with

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: dehydration is worse than being hungover [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apolack1,

Some of the best lessons learned, are learned the hard way.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply