Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So what is it about the Walser . . .
Quote | Reply
that makes it so special? I know it's an exotic carbon Euro bike, but there are lots of those. What makes the Walser so much better than the Giant or other TT bikes?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: So what is it about the Walser . . . [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who said it's better? It's just Jan's choice like his hand position and four spoke rear wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: So what is it about the Walser . . . [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What makes the Walser so much better than the Giant or other TT bikes?

RP

The team that purchased it can relabel it and claim it's a "super secret prototype" without Walser exposing them. It seems that, if they've bought the bike, Walser doesn't care what label they slap on it (at least they didn't object to Bianchi relabeling theirs last year - also, same thing was happening at Gerolsteiner - I believe that Wilier was their frame supplier at the time). For a pro bike team with a frame sponsor that doesn't make a good TT bike, that's a pretty big plus.
Last edited by: skater: Jul 3, 04 20:23
Quote Reply
Re: So what is it about the Walser . . . [skater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rebadging bikes is nearly as old as the tour itself. Its not uncommon. Merckx is just one very famous example of someone riding rebadged bikes at certain points in his career. Lemond rode a lot of them as well. Those weren't all Bottechias in his last couple of wins.
Quote Reply
Re: So what is it about the Walser . . . [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True (I remember the Serotta "Murrays" well, among MANY others), but could you imagine the stink if Giant and T-Mobile tried to rebadge a Trek TT?

BTW, weren't those "Bottechias" actually built by Roland Della Santa?
Last edited by: skater: Jul 4, 04 8:42
Quote Reply