Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody???
Quote | Reply
Ladies and Gents,

In the eternal quest for a saddle that won't make me want to cry in 4+ hour rides I am considering this saddle. If anybody out there has used it and can share opinions about it I would mucch apprecate it.

I have been riding an Azoto for a while but like I said it still makes me cry on 4+ hour rides. My only concern with the T1 is how wide the nose looks, even wider than the Azoto, not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Tom D, I know you first posted something about it back in May but haven't heard anything since. BTW I tried the Arione and thought it was the worst saddle yet for tri riding, it is fine in my road bike though. I guess everybody is different.

Thanks much
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've sold some but I haven;t tried it myself. It looks interesting. It is hard for me to pull my Arione off one of my bikes becasue I really like it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The arione looks and feels like a great seat, though I haven't tried it. But any idea why the arione has this round, almost paddle-like, rear extension? The back of most people's rears is sort of straight, so who uses the extension?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got one and used it in the Pac Crest Oly last weekend. I'm running it on a P2K at about 78 degrees and so far have no issues. My old saddle was a Selle Italia Flite so the transition was probably minimal. I didn't sense the nose being too wide but did like the little extra padding as I have my front end set up pretty aggressive for short course.
Quote Reply
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don;t know for a fact, but my guess is that is for looks. Personally, I think it is not a good idea. It would be nice to just saw that triangular, rearward protrusion off. It is pretty unnecessary.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TD wrote: It would be nice to just saw that triangular, rearward protrusion off. It is pretty unnecessary.

Did you mean, instead, to say it is Ugly unnecessary? ;)

I like this on my road bike, but, not my tribike. Interesting how so many people are somehow put together differently. I have a VisionTech Triathlgel (Azoto look-alike?) on my TT bike. It's ugly good, I mean, pretty good, but, not perfect...I've always wondered about the SLR gel, too.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Selle Italia SLR T1 Tri Saddle. Anybody??? [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yaquicarbo, I hear you, the search for the tolerable saddle continues. I am done searching for the perfect saddle since I learned that is not possible but there has got to be something that hurts less!!

I tried the Arione and the first 30 minutes you sit on it on a tri bike you think you have finally found it because it fits very well and spreads out pressure very good but then the reality of that rock hard nose hits while you are riding the aerobars. I woud stand up, rest it sit back down and within 10 minutes the pain was back. It takes a very, very broken in groin to take that hard nose, However, I put it on my road bike and its a whole different saddle. Basically because the pressure is not on the front of the groin and on the road bike I am not riding the nose.

Tried the plain SLR and same thing, shape fits very well but it is very hard on the groin while riding the aerobars. Its a 3 hour saddle for me at the most.

I know you have to "get used" to a saddle but after 10 years of riding you would think I would have gotten used to one!!
Quote Reply