Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit problem
Quote | Reply
I am doing my 1st half Ironman (Troika, Spokane, WA) on Aug 1. I am getting a deep gash on the back of my neck from my wetsuit (i rub against it when I turn my head). I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions or obvious solutions to this problem. I've been looking for something to wrap around my neck but so far have not come up with anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit problem [Docmidnite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goop bodyglide all over the back of your neck.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might want to verify the fit of your wetsuit - sounds like a bad fit to me.

Try the bodyglide tip. If that doesn't cut it (and you want to keep the wetsuit) get yourself a rash guard to wear as a base layer (avail at all surf shops and many general sporting goods stores).

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, what type, model, brand of wetsuit are you using?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit problem [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you take a picture with the suit on and post it? Also, where you velcro the zipper tab to the closure tab, is the zipper sticking up? Can the closure tab be pulled down slightly as it is pulled over? Is this your first wetsuit? Are you a new swimmer and perhaps bending your head/neck to get air instead of turning your head?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem my first few swims in a wetsuit. Turns out I simply wasn't yanking the pants/torso part up high enough -- basically you should attempt to give yourself a wedgie when you put the thing on.

Try the glide goop, or some pam cooking spray. You could also tape over (medical tape -- similar to blister treatment) the place in your neck if it's not a giant gaping wound or anything. It'll probably come off during the swim, but may offer some protection. And it's a cheap remedy (along with the wedgie treatment and pam spray).

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit problem [Glacier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

On the boat at Alcatraz I saw someone who looked like they had Duct Tape around their neck.

I thought "Mate, you need a better wetsuit if you need to do that!"
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit problem [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. U shoulda jumped into the Bay, given the guy a Super-Wetsuit-Wedgie, and ripped the tape off! :)
Quote Reply