Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fair price?
Quote | Reply
This is what I am trying to sell - does $1950 sound like a fair price? I'm not getting any bites and wondering if I'm being unrealistic. Any advice is appreciated... Softride Rocket TT7 650 Medium

2004 Softride 650 Rocket TT7 (red) with Profile Design carbon fork.

DuraAce front and rear derailleurs, brakes, Shimano 600 cranks.

Profile Design drop and aerobars. Frame is practically new - Softride replaced it for me a month ago - less than 300 miles on it (new retails for $2600). There is a paint nick on the frame (very minor and not from a crash).

Bars are also like new (ridden ~150 miles). Older VisionTech bars and fork can be included as well if desired.

Echo computer (with cadence), Selle Italia seat (not pictured), Look pedals and training wheels included.
Quote Reply
Re: fair price? [irongeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Frame is practically new - Softride replaced it for me a month ago" and you wonder why no nibbles? There is a small but loyal following on these bikes. It's a fair price if you find a buyer. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: fair price? [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I catch your drift...that there aren't that many Softride riders or that there's something wrong with giving the scoop on the new frame?
Quote Reply
Re: fair price? [irongeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just teasing with you. Softride frames have this bad habit of breaking just when you need them. The upside is when you go to sell it the frame you are selling is often a warranty replacement (new frame) so you'll fetch a better price.
Quote Reply
Re: fair price? [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh....gotcha. I didn't know that was common. It has been a great bike for me and I'm not entirely sure I want to part with it, so if I don't get a sale, I'll keep on riding it. Thanks for the headsup!
Quote Reply