Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do PC's or Rotorcranks benefit poseurs more?
Quote | Reply
Sorry it's a Friday before a holiday weekend and the tour starts tomorrow. I'm in a funny/wierd/lazy mood. Have a safe/happy holiday weekend all. (and so as not to be too US-centric, everyone else have a great "start of the tour" weekend).
Quote Reply
Re: Do PC's or Rotorcranks benefit poseurs more? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely NOT the PC's. You can't be a pretender and ride around on PC's, you'd be spotted as a fake instantly!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on if you're a Republican or a Democrat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on a couple of things:
1. Are they doping? In this case, the PC's have more poseur benefit due to their huge size drawing more attention to the poseurs ripped leg muscles.

2. Are they going to pick them up from Ebay or their LBS? Since most Ebay items are known to be fake, it is better to have fake Rotorcranks since fake PC's probably don't engage the clutch in either direction (you just spin free).

3. Are they having any relationship problems? Poseurs with relationship issues tend to benefit better from PC because saying "they're POWER cranks" provides more emotional security.

4. Are they entering an M-Dot race or not? In an M-Dot race, you gotta go with a custom set of power cranks modified to use the rotorcrank crank-arms and plated with at least 50u 18K gold (or maybe carbon fiber). Those M-Dot guys are so rich that nothing less is even keeping up with the Jones's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rotors, for sure. PCs require a full season of work to get your groove, Rotors are good to go on day one.

I'm using them, but I need to have my lawyer get after Gary. I didn't pick up three minutes, nor anything close. Of course I was off all last season mending...

Where can I go to get them gold plated? I really wanted carbon, but they don't come that way.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it depends on your definition of poser. Take two definitions. A BOP or MOP'er who works hard but has limited time to train so will buy the best to be as good as possible but is willing to train hard for the limited time available. or a BOP or MOP'er who isn't willing to work hard and wants to buy speed.

RC's seem to help elites and both posers equally well.

PC's will help poser #1 a lot and barely help poser #2 (although some small run benefit may occur).

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply