Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Tom D.: P2K or P3?
Quote | Reply
Sorry if there is a thread on this, but I couldn't find this exact question.

Is it worth the extra money for a P3 vs a P2K? I your opinion?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Tom D.: P2K or P3? [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, your kidding right? I know you didn't mean it like this but its kind of a loaded question. You're asking a bike dealer if you should spend more money. My guess is to Tom (or any dealer) yes its worth it to him to for you to give him more money. All kidding aside the P3 is a nicer frame (I've ridden neither). Its built with a no comprimise attitude, whereas the P2K is built with price in mind. The aero goodies on the P3 might give you 30 seconds in a 40K time trial. It won't be 3 minutes and it wont be 2 seconds. Is buying this amount of speed worth it to you? Thats for you to decide. Struggling to make house payments and race for fun a fitness, I would say no. Just bought a bikerack for the Porsche Cayenne and missed Hawaii by a minute last race - go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Tom D.: P2K or P3? [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, my LBS guy said NO! It's not $1800 (or whatever) faster than the P2K. He even said the P2K was a lighter bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which has more bang for the buck? P2K

Which is faster and sexier? P3

Is the extra speed and sex worth the extra cash? Up to you. But since you even thought of spending more for the P3 I think deep down you know the answer.

A sexy man needs a sexy bike.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Tom D.: P2K or P3? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you been following the hot threads lately? You have to be in the top 10% to ride a P3, top 20% for a P2K, top 30% for a dual, and top 40% for a one. If you don't fit into any of these catagories I think you are supposed to ride old worn out equipment. Wouldnt want to be called a poser would you?

Dennis
Last edited by: dennisr: Jul 2, 04 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I could go into this long dissertation on why my answer is what it is, or I could just say:

"Yes". I have a P3, it is very nice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TxDude,

I work in a shop that sells both Cervelo and Litespeed. I have ridden both the P2K and the P3 as well as the Saber and the Blade. I own a P3. I also want to say that no one races in wind tunnel and your position on a bike can ruin any aerodynamics that the manufacturer claims.

The P2K is a nice ride with a nice price tag. My own problem with the bike is that I got a little too much movement out of the bottom bracket out of the saddle. (6'3", 200Lbs.) I found the same problem with the Saber.

The P3 is stiffer in the bottom bracket. I like that a lot. I did IMCDA last week. If you are familiar with the roads on that course, you get a healthy dose of chip seal. My bike is set up with record, FSA Carbon Cranks, Nimble Crosswinds (150psi), SLR saddle, Syntace front end, and the carbon seatpost. I noticed the road at about 90 miles into the ride when I started to get fatigued. (I had a long, bad day!) I really like the ride quality of the P3. The best way to figure this out is go to a shop that will let you ride the bike. I am not talking 10 times around the parking lot. I am talking 30 minutes. Ride both the bikes and get your own opinion of the worth.

That is the best way to make your decision. Ride ride and ride. Ride carbon, titanium, alloy, alloy and carbon, ti and carbon. Find out which bike sings to you and thats your bike.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply