Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dew Athlon? [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chad - i'll be a dannon utah. any other slowtwitchers going?

du's are more physically demanding than tri's. i've raced and won both. my pr for an oly non drafting tri is 1:54:12. for a 10/40/5 du about 2:01. I've noticed that most of the competitive duathletes still outrun the overwhelming majority of the triathletes at races that have both.

I consider myself a stronger tri runner than du runner. if you clock a 36:00 opening 10k in a duathlon in the male 20-45 age group I hope your a damn fast biker b/c the race isn't coming back to you. You run a 36min 10k in a tri and you are moving up in the field a fair bit.

Biking after running is a bit harder as well but yet the top du's will post rather fast times as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Dew Athlon? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your swim expierience makes a huge difference. I had zero going into this year. Ran Du's last year, managed to pick up 1 second place for my first year as a multisport athlete. I am Fop for my age group in my area in running. Was mop to fop in du's. Add the swim and I am solidly a bopper for all races this year. I am planning to drop the swim and go back to du's for the rest of the season.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply

Prev Next