Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Posuer, here... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"been on the podium a time or two, even made the top step, but I'm 50-54, so my best race still puts be behind a lot of folks. "

I hear you brother. Have you noticed how much smaller our AG is than those in the 20's, 30's and even 40's. But it still is nice to win or place in the AG every once in awhile even if we're always only ever be MOP in the over all picture. It's just nice to be out doing this at our age. Wish there were more of us.
Quote Reply
Re: Why so many people who worry about "poseurs" ? [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is interesting. Am I am 'poser' because I have a trek TT and a QR superfull? I would consider myself resourceful because I have been able to get them at a cheap price over the internet. About 60cents on the dollar. Granted I am not the best swimmer, MOP. However, I smoked the locals with the bike leg. Running is average. I still finished in the top 10 % overall. When looking at others, I think people rush to judgement way too much. In my situation, I still kicked ass, but I am just 14 weeks post knee surgery(lateral release). I am just getting back to serious training. So am I really a poser or not? I think not because I know I can ride very well.
Quote Reply
Re: Posuer, here... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Wish there were more of us."
- - Are you NUTS? I'm planning to win after the rest of the old farts die off...

It's a little empty though, when they announce an AG winner, but don't announce a second or third place!

"And the winner in the 110-114 age group: Cousin Elwood. Somebody wanna give that old guy a hand with his walker..."

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Why so many people who worry about "poseurs" ? [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you worry about 'people who worry about poseurs'?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next