Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course
Quote | Reply
My wife is currently training for IMC and would love to ride portions of the course using her Computrainer. IMC is provided with the computrainer. After reading the manual repeatedly she has yet to find a way to "jump into" the course at a particular location. Is this possible to do this or must she edit the course to create and save the particular portion of the course she wishes to ride?

Thanks for your informed response.

Hugh and Denise

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you have an older edition of the computrainer program. If you go to the computrainer website there is an program update you can download that will let you start a course at any point you wish. You just type in what mile you want to start the course from and click while the program is starting.

Richard
Last edited by: R Isgrigg: Jul 1, 04 16:16
Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes that sounds easy. We purchased the unit last year. It has the 3-D capability as well as PC-1. We also have a very old Nintento version (More than 10 years old) that has seen a great deal of use. Can you quote the specific instructions for jumping in or page number that describes them.

Thanks a bunch,

Hugh

Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to computrainer.com

click on tech support for Pro 3D

click on software updates

click for latest 3D software update patch

you should end up here:

http://www.computrainer.com/...vements_to_3d_v3.htm

I hope that solves your problem,

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard,

Wow, you're "da man". thanks so much for the quick and useful info.

Hugh & Denise

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you have the latest version, use this feature:

Quote:

Start from X. This little feature will allow you to start any course at some place other than the start. So, if you want to ride only to the top of Richter Pass of the Ironman Canada course, then figure that distance out and enter that distance into the box above the Race Now button. Then, when you are on the race screen you can either press the F1 key once to start as normal, OR as the 3,2,1,GO is counting down press the F1 a SECOND TIME to move you to this new position and restart the timer. This way, if there is a number other than 0.00 in this button, but you didn't intend to start in the middle -- you have control over whether the feature works or not. Pretty cool. Remember, you can save performance files without crossing the finish line, so you should be able to stop and save anywhere after your middle start.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [amartinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully it works better for you, but I've tried it with the latest updates and it doesn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you "jump into" the middle of a computrainer course [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom,

are you pressing F1 AGAIN during the 3-2-1-GO countdown? As long as you have a non zero start point entered on the load/build screen it ought to work - I have the upgrades from ~March timeframe and it works fine on mine.

rmur
Quote Reply