Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Happy Canada Day!
Quote | Reply
Hey, Happy Canada day to all the canadians and also to the ones like me that live in the States but still proud to be canadians!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will eat French Fries and wear a toque in your honor today. All I ask in return is that you make sure you grill something and blow something up on Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tonight, I'm getting oot the maple leaf tablecloth, crack open a couple of Labatts, have a dinner of poutine and sugar pie, and sing "O Canada", eh.

It's too hot to wear a toque though. I might have a tape of Hockey Night lying around somewheres though.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is it that the Tim Horton's in Canada are outstanding but here in the U.S. the Tim Hortons is, at best, so-so?

Bizarre.

I owe all my very fond impressions of Canada to many things:

1. Ironman Canada: Did it twice ('97 and '99) and I love that town, Penticton, and that race. I vote it as "Best Ironman".

2. A delightful young lady I dated from Windsor who introduced me to a lot of fun Canadian culture including curling. Very fun. Nice person.

3. Lori Bowden and Peter Reid: Two of the best.

4. The elite Canadian JTF. Very impressive.

5. Team Going Beyond. The team I did the 2002 Raid GAuloises with in Vietnam. They were a Canadian team, predominantly female. Excellent athletes.

6. Cervelo and Guru bicycles.

7. Canada has figured out how to run a fine country while not feeling the need to create drama around the world. While I love the U.S. and support our policies, we could learn a lot from Canada's foreign policy.

Overall, a truly great land and the best neighbor you could ask for.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oohhh.. poutine.. I can't wait to eat that! On my way back from lake placid, you better believe that as soon as I cross the border, we better find a place that makes them! And yep, will celebrate the 4th by running 4 hours and closinfg the office monday!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell yes, on July 4 we will grill with the best and blow stuff up good (any fans of SCTV out there?: "he blowed up good; yep, he blowed up real good"). This is quintessentially Canadian - we know you will invade us one day, but we love you nonetheless :-)

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FARM FILM REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that ther film "Scanners"

"Shut up! I AM NOT Alan Ladd!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didnt know you are a Canadian..eh? LOL

didn't have the beer yet...maybe later

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers to Tom Demerly for his kind words on Canada, eh.

We love and respect our American neighbours "right back at ya" (just not some of the politics, but that's OT).

I have the crap luck of being in a really Francophone part of Quebec today so no parties, parades or fireworks (I'm from out west and I'm used to the big parties!).

TonyG: "yep, blow them up good", but then again, in the immortal words of Bob and Doug Mackenzie

"take off hoser"

OH CANADA,

OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND ....
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [CanIronClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it makes you feel any better, for some reason the City of Vancouver decided NOT to host fireworks as they normally would. Ditto Richmond. As far as I'm aware, the only non-backyard fireworks show tonight will be at the Canadian's baseball game.

Sad...

Happy 137th to all!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Canada Day! [jonathanb565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, french canadian :-) I have been called a "mutt" by a guy from Toronto.. I guess a french girl from canada that learned english in Iowa!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Canada Day!

I will also have some Molson or Moosehead when I get home today in celebration of the 137th b-day! (Would prefer some Sleemans or Keiths but can't get those in Cali).

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
French Canadian..well thats interesting...must have an interesting history too.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! Haven't seen Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok in some time. "May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow you up real soon".

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

Happy Canada Day all fellow Canucks and to those expats like Marisol.

Today I did a killer 170K ride, with 6500 ft of vertical in 6 hours even. My training partners were really putting the boots to me, but I hung in there. Now I'm at 16 hours for my "ride till ya drop" scaled down Gordo-Molina replica week.

Took my son, niece and nephew out for some Canada Day celebrations all afternoon, for some rides at the local fair. My legs are deep fried sticks of wood.

Tomorrow is my 10th anniversary. Wow, time flies.

Have a great day folks.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To you as well.

That reminds me that I have choir practice today and my director is an ex pat. I'll have to take her a Labatt as a gift.

On travelling to Hamilton last autumn for the world cycling championships I grew very fond of Tim Horton's .............. its a great remedy for staying too late in the pubs the previous night....er morning.
Quote Reply