Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arione Tri Saddle
Quote | Reply
I am in desperate need for a new saddle and I am training for Ironman Canada. I was about to buy the Arione but held off because the Tri version is coming out. I heard on this forum and in the Arione Tri Ad that July was the month. I also heard not until August. I would love to try the Arione Tri saddle but it is getting very close to Ironman Canada. Does anyone know when I will be able to buy a Arione Tri saddle- I saw some on some internet sights in England? Does anyone have any input if I should go with the road version or wait for the Tri version? I would love to get the Arione Tri for my Tiphoon with enough time to train on it before Ironman Canada. The Aspide Tri I am using is too soft and is not working.

Thanks,

Tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Arione Tri Saddle [tommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it depends on your position.

If you are a nose-rider then I think I would wait for the tri-version of the Arione.

I am not a nose rider and I really like the Road-version.

It is a damned good saddle.

A Fizik rep had a couple good posts a short while ago; check 'em out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a write I made a week after I bought the saddle:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=Arione;#120345

I have loved the saddle so far, and I only have a tribike. It has even gotten better since I got a high quality pair of shorts that provide the padding in the right places. I have done a 5:30 ride on this saddle so far, and multiple 3+ hour rides, and it's much better than the Azoto I had, and my original stock saddle. But I don't ride on the tip much (where the Azoto is a better option), and like to have a lot of saddle under me.

There definitely was a break-in period, where I felt pressure on my hammies, but that has gone away after a few weeks. The biggest thing is that I have had almost zero numbness with this saddle, something I could never say with my other saddles. That's huge.

It doesn't feel like I'm in a lazy boy by anymeans, and I still have to get up off the saddle for a minute or so every once and a while, but the difference is that when I sit back down I feel back to normal again, whereas on my other saddles, when I sat back down all the discomfort came back.

Right now I am running the Fizik with a QR seat cover, and a pair of Alveo Louis Garneau shorts. I haven't done any long rides yet in the new shorts, but I haven't felt a thing on my rides of an hour or so.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a nose rider and I love the Arione.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride on the nose (aero position) with the regular Arione and love it - aero or road position.

Longest ride before the saddle was 80 miles, broken up with a few stops along the way. I always felt like my comfort was the biggest limiter. The first ride on my Arione was 130 miles - 8hrs. Don't ask - my math was a little off on the map! Anyway, it was beautiful! I know there would have been no way I could have done that ride on my Aspide Tri saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Arione Tri Saddle [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure when the saddle officially comes out, but I can assure you that the Arione Tri saddle will become one of the most popular triathlon saddles. I have been on my demo Arione Tri for about 2 months now and I will fight vehemently when asked to give it back. It is absolutely fantastic and anyone who had a chance to test ride my bike voiced similar opinions. But one my road bike the "standard" Arione is still the seat of choice.
Tomorrow I'll leave for Germany and that Arione Tri will get a few more miles on it.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Arione Tri Saddle [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, rub it in...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate you :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert,

By the way I LOVE my brand new Tiphoon. I have my dream bike and life is good. I was wondering since you have experience with both the Arione road and Tri saddle if there is a big difference between the two? Do you think the Tri version is much better in the aero position than the road version. I need a new saddle very soon and may not be able to wait for the Tri version.

Thanks,

Tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Arione Tri Saddle [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the love? :-)
Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay I admit it, I love you!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tommy ,
Sorry I did not even see your question late last night. :-(
As for the two saddles, the difference is noticeable indeed especially if you ride far in the front of the saddle. But I used the regular Arione saddle on my tri bike before and liked it.
I would use the Arione if I were you and eventually move it to your road bike, and wait for the Arione Tri.
Good luck in Canada
Cheers,
Herbert

Glad to hear that you love the Ti-phoon, and I know that you are not alone with those feelings. Matt Seeley and Chris Legh in Coeur d'Alene surely felt the same. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Arione and I can't imagine the tri version being any better. And this is coming from someone who's had some problems "down there" which prevented me from riding a bike for 3 months this year.
Quote Reply