Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in Townsville, Queensland Australia
Quote | Reply
Howdy,

I'm going to start my freshman year of college in the fall and I'm trying to figure out where I want to study abroad my junior year. Australia is at the top of my list. It would get me out of the winter up here in Northern New york and give me the chance to train for a half ironman distance Tri(I run XC and track for a D3 school in the north east, I can't dedicate myself to triathlon yet). My school's Australia program is based out of James Cook University in Townsville, Queensland Australia. Can anyone out there shed some light on the Triathlon situation in and around Townsville? Are the roads decent for longer rides? And what is Townsville actually like? Are there any good tinman distance races in Australia or New Zealand around May or June? Thanks for any help anyone can offer me!

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Townsville, Queensland Australia [Farrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jump on to forums.transitions.org.au and ask there. It's an Aussie tri site and someone there might be able to give you an answer.

Expect some in jokes about how Queensland isn't part of Australia etc. Just ignore them. It really is part of Oz, it's just that Queenslanders get a hard time from everyone else.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Townsville, Queensland Australia [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gracias

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Townsville, Queensland Australia [Farrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live 330km sth of Townsville. It is a nice place, with plenty of places to train, with a coule of Tri-clubs. Email this man - Timbo Hughs. timbohughes@bigpond.com . He is the guru in the area and will steer you in the right direction. He is a presedent at one of the clubs and the state junior development officer. He is sort of a legend too, largely from his involvement with the junior side of things. Tell him pinkboy gave you his email - then ignore whatever he says about me, coz it aint true - lol.

pinkboy...hope that helps a little!!!

In the power never given to me in the name of slowman, king high ruler and Grand Hunky Poo Ba of the blessed land of Slowtwitchia I dub thee "Sir pinkboy the Awsomator" This honor is given to thee for the reason of being not only freakin' awsome but totally sweet. By the use of the color Pink to fly your freak flag and bring smiles to frowny faces. *Mr. Tibbs*

Quote Reply