Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [WFO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front fork dropouts don't face the rear, but the rear dropouts do face the rear, like a Cervelo P2k and P3. I've never had a problem with my rear facing dropouts on my Cervelo, doesn't make me nervous at all.

That's a really bad press release, maybe I'm wrong, but who refers to the rear triangle as the "rear fork"?

And all the "innovative" stuff they claim has all been done before. Rear facing dropouts - Cervelo. That head stem, head tube thing - Look, I guess. Extended seat post - hmmm, Cervelo P2, Griffen I think, plenty of track bikes, etc.

I would have been more impressed if they'd said "we looked at all the innovative stuff used on other bikes and decided to raise the bar and put them all together and add a couple of new tricks of our own".

All that being said, I like the bike and can't imagine not going fast on it :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [Jeff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the Phonak (not Cervelo!) Press release:

"The seat post is no longer really a post but a component of the frame, and is cut to fit. Its special design also allows us to make individual adjustments to the length"

Wow, what a radical concept. A way to adjust seat height! Let's give a raise to the guy that thought up that!

Actually, it is a very cool looking bike. With the penultimate stage being 55 km long, aero performance could become even more important than usual if the race is close. Of course, only the wind tunnel knows if it is as fast as it looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know I took the liberty of cross posting the link to the image - and gave Gerard credit for finding the image - at two other websites, I noticed the next day that several other sites had also linked to those images. I wonder if my crediting Gerard with forwarding the image has now mutated accorss the net and the geeks at Velonews just preassumed from internet disinformation that the frame was made by Cervelo?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I called VeloNews and they changed it now, except for the photo credit. I'm sure they'll change that pretty soon too.

Gerard.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler's new TT bike [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least they're getting close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Notice how everyone wants to linked to Cervelo? Speaks volumes to me.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply

Prev Next