Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-Shorts for long tris
Quote | Reply
I have a one piece tri suit for short stuff but don't wear it for long stuff due to the pee issue. Looking at the De Soto Power Tri Short for both a half and a full later this season. Comments about the performance of this product or similar products by other vendors would be appreciated.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Shorts for long tris [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my power shorts, wore them for a 1/2 last year, no issues.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the power shorts. I used the basic DSS tri shorts last year for two 1/2's and they were fine. I bought the power shorts because they are slightly longer(less chafing) and have a pocket that will hold 6 gels(or your wallet if you're just riding.)

I have used the shorts for an Int'l, several long (15+ miles) runs, and a few rides 80-110 miles long. I like the shorts a lot. They feel like you're wearing nothing, they wick moisture, they dry quickly.

I should point out that I use a QR saddle pad over my Arione so that I have some padding other than the shorts.

I'll be wearing them for IMUSA next month.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the power shorts for 1/2's and IM. You'd think with the thin pad there might be comfort issues, just the opposite, most comfortable short I own. Excellent wicking, they stay in place, for IM I do change to running shorts in T2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Power Tri Shorts for 3 half-IM's a few 19 to 21 mile training runs, and many long bikes. Will do my first IM in them in October. The key, for me anyway, is to have less padding between my shorts and me, and to put a little bit of padding on the seat, outside the shorts. Thus, the DeSoto seat cover.

Traditional bike shorts are great if you're upright in the saddle. But, lie down in the arobars, and all the comfy padding seems to get bunched-up and chafe or just feel bulky. DeSoto's have just the right amount of padding.

Daren Marceau
USAT & USAC Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power Shorts are great, but follow the instructions when caring for them. My first three pair went south when i swam in the pool, then took a hot shower or jacuzzi!!! the material is crazy good.

Zoot also makes great stuff. the tri short ( think it's a 6") and the long one with the little pocket on the sides are comfy, too. Power shorts material is better, though.
Quote Reply