Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart
Quote | Reply
So I got the Pearl Tri shorts. They fit great, did some rides and runs in them. No problems. Do a oly distance tri in them. They work great, so I think. I get to the restroom after the race, and no shit, the front seam has pretty much wore a fingertip sized "hole" in the shaft near the base. The man hangs to the left and the seam must have rubbed it the entire time. I must have had race endorphins going b/c I didn't feel a thing the whole race.

This is the worst feeling in the world. Much worth than teeth scaping. I got in the shower, water hit it, I almost fainted, in fact I screamed like a sissy. It's my worst nightmare come true. Hell, it's every guys worst nightmare come true. Now I long for the days of saddle sores. That was on Saturday, it still hurts. Worse, I cannot go on any dates, if they would turn out to be "successful" some woman would think I had some really bad std or something.

Make sure your shorts don't have a seam that touches that shaft!!!
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [stltricoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Freezer burn you balls like Record and you would be my hero.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. . .I have those same shorts. I have had no such problems. Are you sure it wasn't the drawstring?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe don't run "hard"?

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week..

Quote | Reply
If you want I can give you some tips to make girls totally disinterested in sleeping with you - it seems to come pretty naturally for me right now.... ;)

You two shouldn't be sharing the same shorts! Practice safe cycling.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah I had tied it short and tucked it to the right, so I don't think it was the drawstring... when I put them on now the seam hits right on the raw spot... sucks too, I really liked the fit in the legs and the chamois, but I cannot risk the manhood
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [jsivvy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good one... I was running fairly soft, it was on trails
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, comes and goes with me too... but I'm 100% sure the sight of this would make a girl put her clothes back on and go home, and on the other hand, if she stayed it would hurt like hell, but I can handle it, can't be worse than IM
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to wait until fall/winter to try that one... maybe I could pull it off next week in Sweden? it might get cold there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll have to wait until fall/winter to try that one... maybe I could pull it off next week in Sweden? it might get cold there
Yep, if the girls are running away scared, you're going to have to pull it off yourself. For god's sake, though, don't wait until fall/winter or you won't fit into your shorts. Screw Sweden too--you can do this at home and save the airfare.
Last edited by: Big Bird: Jun 25, 04 0:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but I'm 100% sure the sight of this would make a girl put her clothes back on and go home...

How about investing in some one-piece tri suits? As for the women, I suggest leaving the lights off until things are doing better!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to convince the girl you just got back from Iraq and it is a war wound and she needs to go ahead and do her patriotic duty.
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually do short course in one-piece, long course I do two-piece to enable easier evacuation. I was trying out some black tri shorts b/c that's what we have to wear for the Team USA jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: More Guy Problems... not for faint of heart [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't that a scene in Grease? Almost worked if I remember correctly. I'm in a wedding this weekend, so I might play that one up :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
along the same "vein", and in the forewarned is forearmed genre, I submit the following (squeamish folks hit BACKSPACE RIGHT NOW):

don't go do a 10k training run in nipply weather wearing a set of Speedo run shorts with the very coarse mesh liner and nothing else. think abrading your shaft is a nightmare? try abrading the business end. 'twas cold enough that day (2yrs ago...and I still shudder to think about it) that I never felt it as it was happening and only made the horrifying (and bloody) discovery during my post-run shower. warm water+salty sweat residue = thawing and soul-shattering pain. took 2+wks to heal to a point where I could go without a neosporin-slathered bandaid for protection 24-7.

don't be me.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply