Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Five In The Morning Workout People [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man you are right on. Your analogies are epic! I think the longest morning workout streak I ever had was 4 days. I'd be yawning throughout the whole trainer ride. terrible!
Quote Reply
Re: Five In The Morning Workout People [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was always a minimalist trainer doing more tempo type of training and trying to get as much as I could out of every work-out. When I did train in the morning, I could never get up to that level of intensity and if and when I did, I was looking for a bed to lie down on by 2:30 in the afternoon. It just never seemed to jive with my daily rythmns.

Like many things I think you have to build up to it over time and stick with it, so that your body and daily rythmns can get dialed in - something that I never really did.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: What time do you people go to bed??? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"you folks must be hitting the hay at around 8:30-9:00. Last time I went to bed that early on a regular basis was about grade two. Either that or you can function on a lot less sleep than I can. "

That's exactly what I say! Madness I tell you! How are you supposed to meet your friends for drinks on Thursday night if you have to get up at 5am? I don't usually eat dinner until 8:30 or 9 pm during the week, often later on the weekend. I'm in the office every morn at about 8:15 so I'd have to get up at 4:30 am to get a reasonable length ride in.

Member of the "Snooze Bar Smack" Team

Quote | Reply
Definitely no children here, I find house plants to be about as much, and sometimes more, responsibility than I can handle. After work I find a 2-3 hour ride with my girlfriend, followed by a nice cold beer on the couch, to be very conducive to my mental health.

I also feel sleep is by far the largest component of recovery and injury prevention - so I try to maximize it. Based on my "friends with children" experience I should try and capitalize on my ability to sleep while I still can - this children thing sure seems to impact your lifestyle.

Quote | Reply
Yep sounds familiar..been doint the 4:30 am routine since last November to train x2/day for IM and Half IM races this year. At first when it was cold and snowy in Chicago no one was out at all. Kinda lonely. Lately with the temps warming up amazing how quiet it is at 5 am but on my return trip by 6 AM tons of runners, and cyclists. One morning cruised upon a gorgeous leggy blond running (I was on my bike trying to sleep LOL)..that opened my eyes and got my attention immediately. Once in a while a real treat early AM.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Five In The Morning Workout People [jonathanb565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got an 11-month-old human alarm clock who wakes me up at 5am... mon-wed-fri I'm up & out by 5:30 to swim, tues-thurs to Ride & Run. I used to solely workout in the evenings but now with a kid, that's the only time I can see her. So before work is when it all has to happen...

This morning I got up @ 5:15, hit the joe and a sipped a bottle of accelerade on the way to swim practice from 6-7:15. Went home, kissed my wife & hopped on my bike to commute to work. 2000 meters swimming and 16 miles on the bike before most slackers get out of bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Five In The Morning Workout People [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, I don't have kids...amazing how you guys handle family life, small children and training. My hat is off to you !!!

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next