Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel
Quote | Reply
700c Shimano Clincher Comete Disk Wheel. Used part of 1 season - about 7 races.

* This wheel won Oregon State TT Championships and placed 6th in the National Championships.

* Its lenticular shape is superior to flat disks in crosswinds.

* Normally sells for $1900 (or more)

* $1100 + shipping or best offer

Why am I selling? I got one of these: http://www.carbonsports.com/LW_Scheibenrad.lasso and can't justify two lens disks.

- jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does the weight savings make up for the fact that tubulars are slower than clinchers?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So does the weight savings make up for the fact that tubulars are slower than clinchers?

I have tubular tires and an adhesive that brings the Crr very close to the best clinchers. I wouldn't use it for triathlons though. The tires are thin and it took me close to 30 minutes to remove one the last time I tried. So yeah with that, the weight (under 900 grams) does tip things in the lightweight's favor, at least on courses that are moderately hilly or very hilly. So if you don't need to remove a tire, you have $2500 to spare, and you can wait 20 weeks, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, the Mavic is your best option.

-- jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHA, thanks for your honesty.

I could use that $2,500 for a new bike...a wheel...that's a bit rich for my blood.

What are you pairing it with up front?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What are you pairing it with up front?

Z8 or Blackwell 100

-jens

Quote Reply
Post deleted by nealhe [ In reply to ]
Re: Mavic Comete Clincher Disk Wheel [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It weighs 1390 grams.

-jens

Quote Reply