Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report.
Quote | Reply
today was the 3Disciplines Willow Duathlon here in Michigan. Last year iwrote an editorial and started a thread highly critical of 3Disciplines.

I am pleased to report that Ken Krell and 3Disciplines Racing did an excellent job at the Willow Duathlon today. There were plenty of volunteers, the race was very well monitored, there were good maps in the race packet and the pre-race briefing was very good.

Apparently about 10 people (out of well over 200) did go off course, but the information I have suggests this had NOTHING todo with race marshalls. It was an error on the part of the athletes, by their own admission. There were no complaints, no problems. It was a fine race.

Ken Krell and 3Disciplines deserve credit for a fine job, and I apologize to Ken for the problems my editorial and thread may have created for him personally and professionally. Ken deserves recognition for soaking up my criticism and going out and proving I was wrong about 3Disciplines in 2004. For 2004 3Disciplines has started the year off with a bang.

Willow Duathlon was afine race very well run.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom-

That's very gracious of you to revisit this topic, and revise your opinion of the basis of new information- good on 'ya. Does this mean you raced this morning? How'd it go?

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [kenwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I'm not very fast right now, but I had a lot of fun. All of the crew was there: Eric Fernando, Cheryl Klotkowski (she won by a million years!)Laura Sophia, Ell Bruley,
Bonnie Karas- everyone was there. It was a lot of fun. I rode the Bjorned-out Cervelo P3. God, I love that bike. Supr fast and super fun to ride. That position rules into a stiff headwind.

I have no idea how a did, there were a LOT of people in front of me. Probably a few more behind me though. I didn't stick around. I had to get to work. I ran high 6's for the first run and low 7's for the second and just cruised on the bike. Huge fun.

For a big part of the race I ran with Laura Sophia, and I am a big fan of hers- she is the Ironman Hawaii age group champ who ended the reign of Missy LeStrange and also a multi-time World Champion. When I was running with her our elbows touched and I was thinking "Man, I am literally rubbng elbows with a World Champion in a race". That was cool. She was super fast. Big fun.

Results will probably be up on the 3Disciplines website on Tuesday. Then I can see how I did.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

This was a Great race and you got 2nd in your AG! (3rd place picked up your hardware - sorry, I can't remember his name)

I kept you in sight during the first run and sighted you running well in the second run while I was cruising in from the bike leg.

There were some really fast guys outthere today, Eric got 4th overall going 1:03 & change. These guys were all 20-24 AG so this was quite a surprise!

Well ran event (marshalling, course marking - all very good) and I can't wait to do Seahorse (Ken promised a big 20th aniversay party there).
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [Shony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the same person, or just the same name, as the Tempe race last weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [konabro2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not certain, however I know Ken does race promotions in Tempe. You could tell by looking at the 3Disciplines website at www.3disciplines.com

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, are your Ameritech e s getting through? I realise you are very busy at the moment but just want to check you received my earlier e so I don't hassle you with a dup.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [konabro2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven;t seen anything from you- must be a victim of the spam filter. Please resend it with the word "bike" in the subject line.

Sorry....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I PMed you earlier about a rear freewheel... You don't have it, do you? It's an ancient thingie so I'm not surprised.
Quote Reply
Re: 3Disciplines revisited: Willow Duathlon Report. [Shony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll look..... WE've been nuts with fittings to day and selling TONS of wetsuits. I'm posting between fits....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Tom, I have resent it, entitled as per your suggestion.

Many thanks, have a good day training.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply